Feeling better with session 3

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
HopefulDreams

Feeling better with session 3

Post by HopefulDreams » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:30 am

Boy, did I not like session 2! But session 3 is more positive and soothing and has actually given me better tools to work with. I still think that even though it's expected to move on a weekly basis .. I think I will find myself going back to session 3 often after the program is completed. I do need to do a better job of keeping up with workbook activities but I find that difficult with work. I often wonder if I should quit my job at the end of the school year (I'm a school teacher) and focus totally on my health at this time so i can speed up the recovery and live off my savings until my health turns around. I'm trying to not be impulsing and my husband is guiding me through not be so impulsive too. But I find that I still cry often, don't know what to do with the time between dinner and bedtime and just pray that the time will pass so I can go to bed. I'm still working on trying to do things that I enjoy but don't do anymore. I'm sure that will come with time. I also completed the free life coaching session. The lady was very helpful and I was glad I did it. This combined with my personal therapist I'm hoping will put me on the recovery road successfully and with ease.

:)

great lakes blue

Re: Feeling better with session 3

Post by great lakes blue » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Hopeful. Yes, you will want to go back to session 3 often. I think session 3 is the key to everything that Lucinda talks about! As far as quitting your job as a school teacher, there's no right or wrong decision here. I will, however, tell you that I quit a job a few years ago, and sometimes wonder if that was the right thing for me. I think if I would have had this CD set at the time, I may have been better able to cope with what was going on. I've found jobs hard to come by during the last few years, but have to move on! Good luck to you with your decisions and the program! 8-) Take Care.

Team Mom

Post by Team Mom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 am

Hi, I thouhgt about quiting my job a few months ago because I felt so awful. I talked to my husband about it and he said what might happen is I may get worse. He felt and now I agree my job for me was a saving grace. For those seven to eight hours a day my mind was more distracted on what I was doing and not dwelling on how I was feeling. I spent a lot of money on varius test to rule out that nothing else was wrong. I think if I quit my job I would have gone into a deeper depression. Like the previous post there's no right or wrong answer. I just wanted to give you something to think about. Good luck. :D

great lakes blue

Post by great lakes blue » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm

It sounds like you made a good decision here. Keep talking to yourself in a positive manner. Easier said, then done, I know! I'll be thinking of / praying for you in these matters. :D Have a great day / week!

dbly42

Post by dbly42 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:07 pm

HopefulDreams wrote:Boy, did I not like session 2! But session 3 is more positive and soothing and has actually given me better tools to work with. I still think that even though it's expected to move on a weekly basis .. I think I will find myself going back to session 3 often after the program is completed. I do need to do a better job of keeping up with workbook activities but I find that difficult with work. I often wonder if I should quit my job at the end of the school year (I'm a school teacher) and focus totally on my health at this time so i can speed up the recovery and live off my savings until my health turns around. I'm trying to not be impulsing and my husband is guiding me through not be so impulsive too. But I find that I still cry often, don't know what to do with the time between dinner and bedtime and just pray that the time will pass so I can go to bed. I'm still working on trying to do things that I enjoy but don't do anymore. I'm sure that will come with time. I also completed the free life coaching session. The lady was very helpful and I was glad I did it. This combined with my personal therapist I'm hoping will put me on the recovery road successfully and with ease.

:)
Quitting your job would be like when Linda said our families enable us by letting us leave the uncomfortable situation. Stick to it. And if it makes you feel any better, I'm working and attending a top tier university for my MBA at the same time, and I make sure to fit in the lessons and fill out the booklet. The booklet only takes a couple minutes anyway. Imagine how you feel each time you complete any little part, and praise yourself for it; that's part of the recovery! Even if you read one half of one page...

praying4sun

Post by praying4sun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 am

when i read your post it hurt my heart-i guess the wounds are still fresh from those feelings your having. i almost quit my proffessional career to be a cocktail waitress b/c of my anxiety. ironically - the idea of walking around in a cute oufit taking peoples drink orders sounded like the answer to my problems (i live in vegas). according to my plans, i would be able to just chill for awhile and focus on my mental health, and live of my savings if money was not coming in. i had all this "great" ideas so i would not have to face all my fears anymore........

man am i glad i toughed it out and i feel so proud of myself on how strong i have proven myself to be! you are tooo! i am still anxious/agoraphobic at work but whatever i am 10 times better than i was a couple of months/years ago! and only getting better!!!!! and when i leave it will be because i am moving or some real reason.

i am sorry this is happening to you... me ... all of us! at least now we are starting to realize we are not alone and one day we too will laugh at all of our silly thoughts!! life has a lot of beautiful things to offer, dont stop searching for them and forget those negative thoughts :-) thats the past we dont have to be there anymore.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”