Problem with session three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
livelife

Re: Problem with session three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by livelife » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 pm

i guess you just have to relax a bit and not "over react".
god bless! and u will find a way out.

Dennis1371

Post by Dennis1371 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:47 am

You do not have to write down every negative thought, just as many as you can, and I feel that positive thinking is an important step in this program, negative thinking is the problem with our condition.

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Started session 3 this week and am changing the negativity about my father dying to focusing on what is really important right now. 2 Cor 4 talks about the body being a perishable container and I am choosing now to focus on what is in the container and not the container itself. I need to trust God to help the medical staff deal with his physical needs and I need to focus on his spiritual needs. This has helped me change my attitude and perspective. I am so very grateful. Blessings from Bunny

ariel2477

Post by ariel2477 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am

the notebook... i plan on starting it. I do not think we can write down every thought because at least for me some, are unrecognizable . I think her plan was for us to start to notice them and become aware of them. then plan how to re phrase them one by one. eventually it will probably become automatic to us.
so i am going to try the notebook thing and hope it works. as i too am a over analyzer, a thinker so to speak, and so many bad things have happened to me in the past so i have lots of negative thoughts and with my health issues....
i can see some improvements in my attitude. there is song i know called .. I need an attitude adjustment.

Dockulik

Post by Dockulik » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:39 am

For the person who has been to the Er many times she was thinking she had all the symptoms of a heart attack here is somethi ng to think about. I am a wholistic Dr and I have seen 8/10 people who think they r having a heart attack really suffer from a hietal hernia. This has a lot to due to stress because when you are anxious your stomach contracts upward and eventually pushes up into the diaphram muscle. I treat thousands of these. Medicine treats them with nexium. DON'T do it!
Reducing your stress as per this program is great, eat small more frequent meals, don't drink with meals, relax while eating, and try taking a digestive enzyme after eating or apple cider vinager. To speed the process often I "adjust" the stomach downward for some instant relief.

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 pm

I am feeling very down today, I guess feeling sorry for myself, yet I know I am not alone, was doing great, but all of a sudden my positive has gone back to negative. Finding it hard to get into Christmas! I have so much to do but finding it hard to start.
Feeling alone, really need some positive support, I am struggling in my sport of 5 pin bowling, it is very hard for me to stop expecting to score better, really don't have the confidence in myself, and have lost the fight within myself.
Session 3 is not sinking in, trouble with the concentration and focus.

Margaret

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 am

Karma very well said. We need to listen to our self talk it is very powerful. This program does work reclusive people are now thriving through this program. I spent years going to MD's trying to figure out what was wrong with me. It is simple it was my negative thoughts which produce stress which produces anxiety & depression. Our brain is so powerful it will carry out whatever we feed it. I listen to the relaxation before bed it will help you sleep & then you don't have to take time out of your day. I like the idea of recording it on a phone that would be powerful hearing yourself speak those negative thoughts. Sickntired most of us are busy we live in a crazy time. This program has to be your priority until you start to feel better & then it still should be revisited from time to time. BREATHE & think peace be still this works. I believe Lucinda added the woman who had a heart attack to re-enforce what stress can do to us.
The bright side is this program is proven to work. We just need to change how we think about things. Drugs do not work for the long run. The other choice is to do nothing & suffer?
I pray we may all find the strength we need it is within us.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice and for sharing your stories.
Lynda :)

VSypolt

Post by VSypolt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 pm

I am on session three and have begun to write down (at least) four thoughts per day. I work full time as well, am a single parent but had the idea that if writing my thoughts was all it took to stop and change the process of negative thinking, I was all in. I carry a big spiral notebook in my purse, then pull it out everythime a negative thought begins to affect my mood, thinking etc. Its been a challenge, but I will give you an example, today the receptionsist at work was talking about how "women usually go to the doctor more than men, and how woman have stuff going on in thier bodies that they dont know about and should always get checked." My mind, went to, "maybe she is saying that for a reason, maybe I need to schedule an appt and get myself checked, maybe there was something my doctor missed and this is a sign." I proomptly took out my notebook, wrote the aforementioned, then followed it up with writing a counter thought. I wrote and considered how, her conversation was about her, and her opinion, I am healthy and I have recently had a doctors appt where my physician said I was fine (with the exception of my generalized anxiety). I also wrote that, it is ok to listen and interact with various conversations but I no longer had to have an irrantional reaction to others opinions, etc. The exercise of writing it down only takes me a few minutes and I can begin to see differnt patterns of my sick, negative obsessive thinking. I am greatful for the insight my lil writing breaks give me. I wish everyone the best for thier work they are doing in the program, as always, its progress not perfection. keep on moving forward!!!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you sparechange for your post ! You "hit the nail on the head" as they say.
Keep up the great work and hope to hear from you soon. Lynda 8-)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”