Well this is going to be hard

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
kellyfish79

Post by kellyfish79 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:18 am

Ok so i guess im starting off with a negitive comment lol . but how you you do this ??? i dont belive anything that i have tryed to tell my self. i think this is going to be more than a week for this session lol.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:30 am

kellyfish79, Yep, you are exactly right. This is a hard lesson for us....but well worth the time you want to take to work through it. Listen to it over and over, as many times as yo need to. Take a month if you wish and even when you move to the next one, you can always review any of the lessons. We are stubborn and sometimes need refesher courses so don't beat yourelf up.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:51 am

I'm also beginning lesson #3. It's hard to accept....everything is my fault, my choice. Wow, that's really big!

Nanny

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:55 am

I was surprised that the book says some people stop or at least pause after this lesson. I am having trouble looking at what I say to see where I am being negative. I never thought I was a positive perons though.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:48 pm

i think im going to spend a nother week if not longer on this lesson i am having a real hard time with this one. im a little relived that im not the only one that is having a hard time with this one. i have a hard time rembering to write stuff down, i beed to get on myself before i move on.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:28 am

I know how anxiety makes you feel. But each one of you have strengths in areas yur probably not aware of. Write down those strengths, those are positives!!! And dwell on those.
dont list ANY negatives about yourself. Just the positives. For example: You are a caring person. You are a good listener. You are special because you understand and empathize with others... Those are all positives.. Beleive those things about yourselves!
Self Esteem is very important and there isnt anything selfish about things that make you feel GOOD about yourself! It also helps symptoms when you have them to repeat these positives over and over in your head....

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”