What's your appetite like?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
mm2bys

Post by mm2bys » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:14 am

When I'm in really anxious periods I have no appetite. I still eat, but I alwasy lose a few pounds (bonus!). Just wondering if others find they eat more, less, or the same when they are feeling anxious...

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:51 am

mm2bys..I get the same way when anxious.. don't eat right and loose a little weight, but I think I loose weight cause when I'm anxious i have to go to the bathroom a lot.. no fun..lol.
Good for you on making yourself eat..i can't do that or i would just stay in the bathroom.lol

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 am

It depends on why I am anxious whether I gain or lose weight. Now that I am trying to give up caffeine and sugar I am hungry all the time.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Just to let you know, this is my first post on here and I'm already on Session 3. But yes, I get the same way. When they tell you to change your diet though, it also really helps. I'm seeing a naturopath right now (because same thing, my GP was useless when it came to anxiety & stress) who actually is helping me with the diet thing because my anxiety affected my eating & appetite. I found out just before I started the CDs, what my body couldn't break down genetically. So I didn't have much of a choice as to whether or not to change my diet. But still, I've found that even though it adds one more frustration to everything I'm dealing with right now, including getting rid of the anxiety, but it has made a difference in how I feel physically. But also how I look at my anxiety. I'm really bad with losing my appetite. I can't even say that I've really had a healthy appetite since my anxiety started 5 years ago. But I think it'll help the more you learn about your anxiety. I personally lose my appetite for a week at a time depending on the time of month, but I also lose it immediately when I'm anxious about someone or if I'm eating in front of new people. But that's why I'm working on it... so hang in there. I don't know when you get anxious... but the more you learn, I'm sure the easier it will get. Just know that you're really not alone...

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:06 pm

I loose my appetite as well while being nervous but I still force myself to eat although I dont finish the meal as I normaly would. But when I calm down and my nervs relax... I get a big hunger and eat good. I cannot wait until the session about diet or eating "right". Certain foods I notice go right through me where others seem to last longer. A lot of my anxiety is based on eating because of the crappy way I feel when I go without eating. Anybody else get low sugar feelings?

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”