A Quick Suggestion to making yourself feel better

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi guys, I know i haven't posted anything in quite some time and I'm definately due for a post so here it is. Over the past few weeks I have taken a few classes in what is pretty much heart/compassion training well in a nut shell.

Neways there is this paradoxial principal where the more you give, the more you get back and no i'm not saying you have to start donating all your money to a charity or something until you have nothing left.

How many of us know what it's like to suffer? Be honest? How many of us know what its like to be alone and to feel helpless? I'm sure many people, myself included have experienced this and it hurts to see other people go through this. What i was taught in my class is that you can get the greatest strength and well energy when you come from that place of your own pain to help out other people that might be in that situation.

So my suggestion, no my challenge to you is to help out a homeless person out of your own personal desire and not because you feel obliged to do that and just see how you feel. Personally i'm not much for giving money to homeless people. You could give them a blanket your not using, some clothes that you'll never wear again, a muffin or cookie that you made personally or bought from the store...it could be the simplest thing or something that isn't so expensive and you could totally make somebody's day with it...and how would you feel if you could save someone from feeling the same suffering that you felt yourself?

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:56 pm

Great Ideas!! Let's take it a step further and buy them NEW clothes. Cutting back on a few less Coffee shop mochas and cokes these next few weeks will bring plenty of money for these items.:)

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:11 am

Hey Mike,
Haven't been on here much lately myself. Hope you're doing well and smiling!
Great idea for the holiday season and all year long. And yes, we do benefit from giving, sharing and helping others!!!
My son strongly encourages giving to the homeless and makes regular trips to do this. He and a friend collect blankets and coats from friends and family each year and deliver them to centers and to some of the people personally.
In our family, we'd rather give things and clothing away than to bring them to places that sell them as used merchandise. Not only the homeless, but the battered women's shelters and other organizations are always in need of clothing, furniture, bedding, food and other supplies. Helping out as volunteers at the soup kitchens, and maybe collecting some food for them also is a great way to give to others.
We're all in need at some time in life in one way or another.
Amen Mike, go out and give and get back much more in return!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Hello everyone,
Love all the ideas. Just to give another one a good thing that we can do is to visit people in nursing homes. I work in one and most of the people are really depressed. It really does mean a lot to them when people volunteer to spend time with them and do things with them. A good number of them don't have anyone. Just a thought.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:27 pm

a very good suggestion cj29. I'm sure alot of these people have alot of great stories and wisdom to share as well. When it all comes down to it...we all suffer the same things but just in diffrent ways. Alot of people are afraid of being alone and you know i'm sure if you're one of those people well you could help yourself and someone else with the same problem by going to see them and cj29's suggestion is a very good one because you know there is definately going to be those types of people at a nursing home.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:44 pm

I think this is the best posting group that Ive read ever. It has warmed my heart and made me want to be a better person. I will take my kids to the nursing home and we will donate our time and our smiles because yes I hate to be alone and I know how badly that makes me feel and I want to make a difference in someone elses life.

Thank you very much for the inspiration.
Great lessons here and the true spirit of the season that we should all carry with us all year long.
Dodger

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:56 pm

I'm glad that this thread has helped you out and i'm happy that you could share that with us :) let us all know how it goes eh.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:28 am

I think that's a wonderful suggestion to help someone less fortunate then you are.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”