Exercise

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
jenniferL

Post by jenniferL » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 pm

I know that exercise is key to getting my body healthier but even with the shortest walk I feel extremely fatigued...I get that faint feeling like it takes everything I have to make it through the rest of the day. Has anyone else felt the same way and does it pass over time?

luckyme

Post by luckyme » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:39 pm

Jen,

Yes, I know that feeling all too well. I have found a correlation between the breathing tape and my ability to exercise. Before I was breathing w/o using my diaphragm; it was all upper chest. That made me panicky. Work with that breathing tape every day and concentrate on breathing from your diaphragm.
Books:
What to say when you talk to your self--Shad Helmstetter.
Get Out of Your Own Way--Mark Goulston

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:06 pm

i am only 22 but my body feels like i am over 40. wehn i walk for just a little bit i am all out of breath and start coughing and get cramps. i think w just need to exercise more and than our bodys will get used to it and those feelings will subside.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Heatherbythesea

Post by Heatherbythesea » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Thank you for saying "over 40" because I'm 39!!! I'm worn out just thinking about walking across the street to walk at the school track. I get out of breath putting my shoes on! :)

Yet, doesn't it feel better once we're out in the beautiful fresh air?

Keep up the fight!
Heather

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:10 pm

hey there you little young wimps. i am 58 can do 5 mi per day :D :D :D :D kp

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:12 pm

did 12 miles 5x wk at 40. :D :D :D

Tylerwilliams

Post by Tylerwilliams » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:53 pm

hey stick in there I'm been walking four miles with my mom for 19 days straight now! and sometime before! but stick in there and try to work up to it if you can it really makes you feel better to get exercise if you can good luck!!

jasminemody

Post by jasminemody » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi everyone, yes; walking is a good way to exercise. But what I like is "static" exercise. You know, the kind where you do 50 crunches, sit-ups, lift 6 lb. weights, leg-raises (and I do this all in my living room floor while watching tv. Yea, I walk once in a while, but that is not the only thing I consider exercise. Sometimes I park far away from the store I am going to on purpose (just to get some exercise in). I used to go to the gym, but I do not like how so many people are there) I really dont like exercising in front of people. I feel sort of self-conscious. Does anyone else do the kind of exercise that I do?

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”