Will I get past this Session?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Wileycry

Post by Wileycry » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:08 am

I actually don't like running I just do it because I'm in the military and have to stay in shape AND I like what it does for my weight. I'm extremely self conscious about my weight. If I could do another exercise and get the same result and be able to pass my pt test every year with ease I would definately do it.

jaysonwv

Post by jaysonwv » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:44 pm

wileycry:

the excessive breathing you do when running and cooling down, just reminds you of how you breath during a panic attack. keep at it. you will be fine. what you are doing is way more benefical that harmful.

to the original poster. this session is more about chaning your thoughts from a neg. to a pos. not about loving yourself unconditionally off the bat in 3 weeks. just by you saying that you don't like yourself cuz of a few lbs. is a negative thought that needs to be changed to a postive one!!!

i don't like the way i look in the mirror because of 10 lbs.

i look fine, i have alot of great qualities that people like. i will continue to workout and make losing this 10 lbs a goal. but in all acutallity my weight has nothing to do with me loving myself. i know inside i'm beautiful. i'm working hard, my skills are working and with practice and time i will learn to accept myself and others as they are. that is true love....

see how easy that was gorgeous!
hope, always hope!!!

Wileycry

Post by Wileycry » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:39 am

Thank you so much. I've continued running and just talking to myself the whole way positively and it's been working.

My weight issue I go back and forth on. I try to stay in the positive and tell myself it's not that bad I can get it back off it will just take time and then there's other times that I fall back into the bad habit of negative talk and depression and think it will never come back off and I'll probably just gain more. It's a work in progress and it's a challenge everyday. I appreciate all he comments people have given me, that's a boost in itself. I'm very hopeful that I will beat this thing and be happy with myself. Have a wonderful day.

Music Fan

Post by Music Fan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:08 pm

Wileycry, I've been hearing alot about affirmation CD's that repeat positive thoughts like "I am calm and happy". etc. Maybe you could get one and listen to it while you run. I really want to get one and listen on my commute and before I got to bed each night.

And thank you for serving our country!

Traveler1

Post by Traveler1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:52 am

Yes, Wileycry I agree with Music Fan. Thank you for serving our country. I have several family members who are both retired and active duty. It's one of the toughest jobs out there. With todays world issues, I'm sure it's hard to sign up for a job that you could die at.

Do you think this has something to do with your anxiety? If it does it's understandable.

Music Fan: Do you have any idea where to find such CD's and maybe some names?

Thanks.. :)

Music Fan

Post by Music Fan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi Traveler1, I picked up one last night at my local library. It's called "Self-esteem Affirmations" by Louise L. Hay. I've only listened a bit on my drive home tonight. So I can't give an adequate recommendation. I have a realllllllly old relaxation/affirmation cassette that I have started to listen to again since I've been going thru a hard time. Would love to find one I like on CD though. I'm going to check out the local used CD store and new-age stores. If you Google "affirmations CD" there are many that you can buy online. But I can't recommend any at this point. Good luck!

Traveler1

Post by Traveler1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 am

Thanks Music fan I'll give it a try.

Christianwife

Post by Christianwife » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:56 pm

I think I might stay with week 2. I'm not sure either.

kathykat

Post by kathykat » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:08 am

One great source for Positive affirmations and guided imagery CDs is Belleruth Naperstek. <A HREF="http://www.helathjourneys.com" TARGET=_blank>www.helathjourneys.com</A> She's nationally recognized and has especially helped people with PSTD in her practice. Her voice is very soothing.

MayChild

Post by MayChild » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:22 am

The first time I listened to Session 3 i didn't get it. I got STUCK. I stopped the program and it took me almost a month to go back to it. I re-started the program and am now about to finish Session 3 for the 2nd time. I don't know if i have definitely grasped it in its' entirety but something inside me clicked. I am going to move forward and go back to it as needed. Getting STUCK wasn't the answer. It delayed my healing process. So my advice is don't get stuck if it takes u longer than a week to get through a session, so be it. But move forward and refer back to other tapes as needed. YOU ARE MAKING PROGRESS!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”