Got stuck

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Moontale

Post by Moontale » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:24 pm

I just started session 3 and I got stuck......is like I can't write my thoughts, I mean I do with a couple ones but my thing is more like remembering stuffs over and over and thinking in future situations I know I am going to have to go through and obsessing in how to give the best response if somebody say this or that or that.......is like my mind is blank for short thoughts to write down.......any suggestions in how to focus in changin negatives general thinking into positive? I know I am kind of confusing but that's kind of what I have in my mind now.
Liz

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Stop worrying about what to say. Do you have any hobbies, anything that you do that you can lose yourself in, and concentrate on for a while? Stamp collecting, coin collecting, knitting, crochet? Something to keep your mind occupied and your hands. Do you relaxation tape, and then take a time out and get lost in a really good book, or a great project you have going.

I have been stuggling with this stuff for over 30 years. It is so much better now, but I still need to learn to be more positive, and get over the very negative self talk that rattles around in my head. I am fortunate enough to have a wondeful group of friends that meet every week to share out love of quilting. I can be having the worst week in the world, and go to our meeting, and walk out feeling like a million bucks. I don't particularly share my problems and concerns with my friends, but I can relax and forget them for hours at a timewith this group. Basically, I take the focus off my "problems" and I can think of something else for a cuple of hours. Don't worry about the "future", just get through right now. Tomorrow will change anyway.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Thank you.. I think is more OCD but I like to learn how to play guitar, maybe is a good time to start....Liz

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi
I found a cool game called guitar heros, that is like guitar playing but a lighter kind of occupation, which seems more like what you need. if you want to read more go <A HREF="http://www.myguitarbuddies.com/guitar-h ... ii-20.html" TARGET=_blank>here</A> I also read somewhere (cant remember where now so I can't give you a link that this game is being used as a therapy tool.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”