got a little stuck on session 3

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
vonci

Post by vonci » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:01 pm

I was doing so good on the first 2 weeks of the program and then session 3 got a little harder. I had to break this session and took me 2 weeks to fully put in practice self-talk and changing negative thoughts to positive ones. I think it's specially challenging to do this when you have to care for two little ones 24/7 --plus house and husband-- as well. So there, I gave myself permission to do session 3 in two weeks!

Happy journey everyone!
Ivonne

jencole

Post by jencole » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:42 am

I was very pleased to read your post! I, too, am stuck on session three and am going to spend one more week on it. To me, the first two were fairly easy to go through...this one is a little harder! Good to know that others feel the same!

ROCKROCK

Post by ROCKROCK » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey,
I'm also in my second week of session 3, and I believe that it is worth it. I've had two good days back to back (it's scary :)) I'm staying positive and trying to build on it. Hang it there vonci & jencole, I'm praying for all of us.

Peace be with You,
Rocky

lost but lookin

Post by lost but lookin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:17 pm

I and also having a problem with this lesson. I have 4 kids. The weird thing is that I keep correcting them on their negatives but not tracking mine. Why is this?

suzee o

Post by suzee o » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Hey ya'll, I am not so good on the computer. I was always "afraid" to learn it! Any tips on the easiest way to chat? Ireally think hearing how others are doing could help alot!! Who knows maybe, just maybe,I may some valuable tips here & there? I got the program in Dec. and if your out there, please reply so I can get throgh my COMPUTER ANXIETY!?*
Wish me luck, Suzee

ducky52

Post by ducky52 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Well, I'm so glad I'm not alone! I agree...Lessons 1 & 2 seemed like a piece of cake until I hit Lesson 3! I have no excuses...I don't work currently & have no children at home, but all the exercises sure are time consuming. Lesson 3 is definitely what I need help with so I'm stickin' with it until I feel I've gotten a handle on it! Go team!

suzee o

Post by suzee o » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:45 pm

I had back surgery a while back and stayed home to recoup. The back is feeling better, but now after being home it has become my way of life. I don't have kids at home and my husband say's "you don't have to work, stay home, go shoppiing, to lunch with friends" YA RIGHT! He's talking to someone that jumps when the phone rings! I know I need to spend more time with the program to learn "HOW TO" But lately I have been having a hard time putting the cds on even when I have plentyy of time Afraid of failing the program too?

CTmomOf3

Post by CTmomOf3 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:12 am

Ha - i thought I was alone with session 3 - it brought to the forefront those negative thoughts and the reasons for thinking them - all the way back to childhood - i had some crying jags, met with my therapist and got thru it (with no meds). I never thought I was negative - boy was I WRONG! It took me 2 weeks and listened only 2x - not sure if I can do it again. I moved onto lesson 4

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”