Looking for buddies

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi,

I'd also like to join the group. I've just started session 4. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I really feel like the program is helping me. The concept of positive self talk is so simple, but it's really the key to feeling better about yourself and your life.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:05 am

Hi to you all and I am glad to see you are helping yourselves with this program. Just keep in mind how long it took you to be where you are at so it also takes time to recondition the thinking from negative to positive. All the above posts sound like you are doing the right things but I know how easy it can be discouraging when everything doesnt happen right away. Keep it poitive it will get easier, Bruce

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:40 pm

I decided to continue on week 3 and give ir my full attention. The reading listening t the cd amd wrting my negative thoughts flows great. Even writing the positive one comes out pretty well. But believing it or actually keeping it in practice is the hard part. I still find myself getting very annoyed,agrevated very easily when something is said to me in a negative way.. Or tend to get very irritated, especially at work. I feellike I'm getting upset about things that don't really matter or are not that important.
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:00 pm

I was talking to afriend about this program, since she has been suffering from anxiety for a while.. She was taken medication and then decided to stop. She says she feels better and has turn to God. Something very positive, i agree. The is nothing biger than God. But I also believe we need to do ourself, we can just expect God, to take this away. as we kept talking she ask me if I was feeling depress. I said no, but it is my understanding we all experience a bit of depression. I was explainning how I heard of the program, and some of the lessons. She then replied .. Oh u will get depress that comnes later.. That is when I knew the conversation was over. Not only did the comment bothered me. I caught myself Startingto worry.. Is it true will it happen and I will get depress next.. I know this is exactly the type of things we don't need to here. But there is no way tocontral what others say.. I need to keep working on, how to not let it get to me. some words of wisdom...Anyone???? :roll:

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”