New Years

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
BerniceG

Post by BerniceG » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:44 am

I came across an article in the local paper last night that related to the session that I wanted to share. It was called "Resolutions that stick - Tips to help you follow through your goals" Tip #1: Get along. Reduce your stress levels...Reject perfectionism. Cut yourself some slack.....Chronic stress can be associated with depression and anxiety disorders...."
I thought, wow, how timely! Just when I'm discovering that I am a perfectionist and the negative self-talk is causing what I'm going through right now. I'm not big on setting up new years resolutions but I am making these sessions a priority on learning new skills to overcoming this and being a better person.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:41 am

Thanks for sharing that, Bernice!

It's so cool how we come across those things right when we need to see them! I certainly don't believe in coincidence! :) Everything happens for a reason!

It sounds like you (and me...and everyone in here! :) ) are making a LIFE RESOLUTION...whic his way, way better than a new year's resolution!

Here's to us!

Dawn

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:48 am

wow thats great I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I was having a horrible day yesterday and i just knew that if i didnt change my attitude last nite today would be just as bad. I opened my bible hoping to find some help and i read matthew chapter 7 verse 25-39. I reccomend that anyone reads these words and takes them to heart. By the way i had a wonderful day!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 pm

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions either, but with this program, my first resolution in a long time is to be more positive, this year and beyond. I've mentioned it to a few people at work and they think it's a phase I'm going through. I'm more determined than ever to change my thinking, and I welcome any advice anyone has to give. And, I'm proud of all of you for making the journey also, keep it up.

Peace be with You,
Rocky

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”