I NEED SOME HELP

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:10 am

As far as the dizzyness I can relate some as I also have some dizzy and foggy feeling that is why it is hard for me to drive and haven't driven (more than 1 or 2 miles) in two years and not much more before that. Combine that with feeling sick to my stomach and I just can't function very well. I have never passed out, but I am still fearful of it. I hope that you can find strength in the program to get through this and know that it is just anxiety and it will pass. I am trying to learn if I don't "feed into it" it will get better. Easier said than done!

I had to mention about the haircuts... I am have so much trouble there. I need a haircut so bad and it is a struggle every time. I break down about every 9 months when it gets ridiculous and go and get one (and it's about that time). One of my main fears is also throwing up or having to use the restroom - also don't want to run out of there with my hair half cut. Praying I can make it through it when I have to go. FLOAT DON'T FIGHT!!!

Blessings to all,
Leah

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:49 pm

I hadn't realized until reading this post that I have the same problem with getting my hair cut. What if I freak out and have to leave? How embarrassing would that be?! It helps me to come up with excuses prior to going in (though I don't think Lucinda would approve . . .). Things like, "my contact's bothering me--I need to run to the rest room for just a sec." Just knowing that I have that escape route is tremendously helpful.

BTW: I've never had to use the excuse. EVER. :)

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Wow....the hair cut thing. I am on the other end of this issue. I am a hairdresser with anxiety! Since I don't have those feelings about getting my hair cut, I am amazed at all the people that are terrified and full of anxiety with hair cuts!!!! I have shared my anxiety disorder with customers, therefore maybe they are more relaxed around me knowing I understand them?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Though I obviously cannot speak for everybody, I can definately say that hearing my hairdresser had panic attacks would probably help me relax (and consequently not have one). Just knowing that someone UNDERSTANDS helps tremendously!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”