just started this session

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Megan Joy

Post by Megan Joy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:26 pm

I started the program three weeks ago, but this week I have been so busy that I haven't even thought to listen to session three. I basically missed this week and am now worried that I've somehow jeopardized my path to getting better. Is there any harm in spending more than one week on a certain session? Of course, the thought that I might have messed up something by not doing week three this week is causing me to have panic attacks. (among other issues in my life that are causing me to panic) Is there anyone else that this happened to? Has anyone else missed a week and picked back up when they could? If i knew i wasn't alone it might ease my mind...

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:09 am

Megan

First Breath......deep breath......you are doing fine. The guidlines for completing the program are just that guidlines there is no right or wrong way to do the program...the only wrong thing you could do is to not do it all. Of course life isnt always going to run smoothly and we will find ourselves off track on lots of things including the program. Its ok...you commit your self to getting back at it as soon as possible.

Remember the program is not a magic bullet its not like once you complete 15 weeks your "cured" this program provides you with life long skills that you need to apply everyday of your life from this point on to feel better.

Dont beat yourself up or scare yourself for the things that dont go quite right in your life focus on the good things youve done. Praise yourself for purchasing the program and for starting and for recognizing that you are falling a bit behind and want to get back on. Positive thinking you must not focus on the bad focus on the good.

Negative statment: I messed up I didnt do my program this week....Im a looser I feel panicky.

Postive statment: I got off track with the program thats ok....Ill start right back up right away and I will be ok.

Keep at it Megan.
Dodger

Megan Joy

Post by Megan Joy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:21 am

Thank you Dodger. I really appreciate your words. These are things I knew already, but as is the purpose of this community, sometimes i need someone else to tell me again.

I want to be in control of my life again. I used to be so happy and in control...and I want that back. Thank you for your encouragement.

Megan

liquid paper

Post by liquid paper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:45 am

Doger, thank you! I am slways amazed at how nice it is to hear comforting gentle advice. I also needed to hear that. My job has been keeping me busy and 2 of my 3 kids are sick right now. My 3rd child went to Disney worls with the school orchestra on thursday am. Though the trip for him is a wonderful opportunity and I am HAPPY he got to go, it also stirred up a bit-o-angst. I haven't touched the program in a week! other than on the computer. Today is saturday I have all day to get it together and I will listen to session 3 and look at the workbook and see what I need to do next. NO HURRY & No GUILT. Thank you.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”