This is the Session I keep getting stuck on!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
HopeinHim

This is the Session I keep getting stuck on!

Post by HopeinHim » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm

This session is the one I keep getting stuck on! I seem to be very inept at catching my negative thoughts! There are so many of them! Like, I think they are nearly constant. When I try to write them down, I would literally spend all day just writing one thought after another. Anyone else out there have this same problem? Am I doing something wrong here? I know this is a "hinge" session, and I really, really want to get it right, because it all makes so much sense...change our thoughts, change our feelings. I need hope!!

Poida10

Re: This is the Session I keep getting stuck on!

Post by Poida10 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:52 pm

I know your post was a while ago. I hope you made the progress you were after. I'm using an illustration for myself. The negative thoughts are on auto pilot. We need to turn off the auto pilot. How? With positive self talk. :)
Peter B

Vluppi123

Post by Vluppi123 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:15 am

I can understand that...Lucinda mentions that its the cornerstome of the program, but with enough effort I believe its possible to do

miamikittycat

Post by miamikittycat » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:17 am

I agree..it wasn't till I took this section seriously that I realized how I talk to myself - I'm trying now to self-talk in a way that helps, rather than hinders. 😉

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”