increased anxiety?

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
sandrakay

Post by sandrakay » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 am

Beepster,
What I have to do with my grandchildren is to pick something I can do for just a few minutes and tell myself that I WILL enjoy for the children's sake and mine (adults with anxiety need to play). Then when that activity is over or I have gone as far as I can, then I suggest a few things for them to do by themselves - coloring, cars, pretend cooking etc and tell them I have to rest. They still come to show me things and I make sure to give them a minute or two with smiles and praises and suggest they return to their activity. It helps me get my mind off of myself to be creative enough to give suggestions. That is part of my problem is having my mind on myself and my problems.

beepster

Post by beepster » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks Sandra, I will try that. I just feel so guilty when I don't feel like playing with my son because of the way I feel.

sandrakay

Post by sandrakay » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Beepster, I know what you are saying. Do not feel guilty though. You do what you have to do some times and it is best at the moment for both you and your son. Through support from this forum and what you learn in the program hopefully we will heal enough to get through and past all of this. Kids are pretty resilient and as long as they know you love them, they can make it through a lot and be okay. Both of mine who are 23 and 25 now went through some awfully rough times from a very young age. Both tell me now not to worry about it because they knew I was having the hard time and they knew I loved them and that I was doing the best I could. They are both so sweet. Not to say they could not use a little counseling of their own...lol... but they survived and in good ways. Keep the Lord close in your heart and I believe He will help you as He has me. My belief is not that He caused me to go through this but that He is with me through it all and will help me as much as I allow Him to help me.

gazi

Post by gazi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 am

Carolyn,
Thanks for the information you provided. I have a big problem before about increase anxiety and severe panic attacks. Now I face it and don't run from it. Thanks to this program for making my life better everyday.

Turtox

Post by Turtox » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Am I charting new territory by saying I believe my increased anxiety is due to my anxiety over losing my anxiety. I have had it so long it makes nervous to think about life without it. Don't get me wrong I am excited about getting rid of it. In fact I can't wait I am sick of it. Nonetheless, I am apprehensive also. The what if's associated with this thought are endless.

Naustin

Post by Naustin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Turtox, it is so funny you said that. I was just telling my therapist today that I sometimes will on an unconsious level bring on the anxiety when it is not there. I guess I never realized protection. Trying to let go of it now. I know that on some level there is a healthy level of anxiety. (Healthy) I really want to get to that point. My level of anxiety (waking up feeling like I am about to get on a rollar coaster) probaly isnt so healthy. Not fun either. Good Luck!!!
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

sassafrass

Post by sassafrass » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:34 am

I've had increased anxiety because I don't think I realized how many thoughts I've had aren't "real" and that made me feel a bit ungrounded.

This post helped a lot. Thanks!

Sienna 528

Post by Sienna 528 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:23 am

I took have had increased anxiety and am on week 2 of the sessions. Its weird because I am very rational about what brings on my anxiety and understand that I do it myself....but when I'm having an attack I never remember to use the steps until after I've calmed down. Its like all I try to do is get rid of the sensations instead of dealing with. Is that normal???

yabanci9

Post by yabanci9 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 am

I have been thinking about this all day. I am on week two right now, after listening to the first session and the first time I listened to session two I felt amazing. Then today I have had just a terrible all day on and off anxiety. But I realize now that its probably because I am focusing so hard on trying to get rid of it, that its all I think about, which is causing more anxiety...I just gotta keep pushing through and working on the six steps..

Karen Kay

Post by Karen Kay » Sat May 02, 2009 6:44 am

Hi! This is the first time I have posted anything. My anxiety level has increased since I started working the program in April. It has been especially bad the last two weeks. I read the comment that Carolyn made and it made me feel more on track! Thanks! Right this moment I am listening to session three about self talk. Guess I better get a hold of this one!!!!! Thanks again for the program and all of you and your comments! God Bless!

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”