Empowering Group Program Run-through Part2

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
forever young 06

Re: Empowering Group Program Run-through Part2

Post by forever young 06 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:10 am

mike pretty pictures. I try to visualize the water fall in the relaxation cd. I feel we have all made some headway. I too am ready for lesson 3 self talk. I feel this will help a lot.

mike you have the heavy chest feeling too. when my problems came back that always scared me made me want to have a bushel of test ran but hated to because of the money as I have a 2,500 dollar deductible and other reason too. good luck all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THH

Post by THH » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:54 am

Mike:
No I didn't know AA was for other reasons except abuse of some substance. I know several people that AA has saved their lives. I also know that anxiety and depression go along with the abuse. I just liked the book. It has good meditations in there that are kind, and very healing.

No I didn't know that about Burns. I am not very well read. Some of the things I pick up to read are to complicated for me to get the best out of. Simple is better for me.

Oh and I do like the video & pictures. Very fitting!
See you on session 3. :)

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm glad you guys liked the pictures and the video!

munchkin51

Post by munchkin51 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Thank you everyone for your support. Just reading everyone's posts has helped me feel like I'm not in this alone. I had a hard time last night with an anxiety attack. Since I stopped working I have been doing very well with my anxiety. I have had times when I had stop my anxiety from being attack. To make a very long story short my Mom called me and we got in a very bad fight. I would say my anxiety was about 35. I spent the rest of the night beating my self up for letting her get me so upset. I feel better today. I know that it well take time to get a hold of my anxiety. I am feeling very hopeful since I started the program.

lisazambito

Post by lisazambito » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 am

I agree with those who thought the beginning discussion about panic attacks was stressful to listen to. I almost never get that panicky, but I started to while listening to the people on the CD talking! Also, even though I've always known that it's me making myself anxious, not the situation, I am constantly trying to stop myself from being anxious.

My question is: What can I do to stop beating up on myself for making mistakes at work? Been noticing that I take the blame for so many things.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi Lisa,
This is Coach Chris from stresscenter.com. Welcome to the forums :) How are you doing practicing the 6 steps and floating through the adrenaline?

Your questions regarding work is a common one for many of us. We are very sensitive people with tendencies toward perfectionism and high expectations. Having said that, you're going to love the next few lessons on selftalk and expectations. They are life changing!!!

May I ask what some of your 'shoulds' are for work? Are these shoulds reasonable? Are they shoulds you picked up from others?

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris :)

barbara@center

Post by barbara@center » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

I had a meeting with my Dr today to talk medication. After looking over your program and telling her how the last few weeks have gone she has encouraged me to keep on the program and wait to see if I will go on medication.
I am on week three and doing better. I still listen to my evening tape at lease 4 times a day and almost know it by heart but it is working.....

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”