Welcome to week 2

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
missyrachy

Welcome to week 2

Post by missyrachy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 am

I started week 2 on Saturday. I listened to the session and it didn't really hit home till I read the text. Being a person who went through this before I am familiar but somehow I let my life get really out of control. I think my depression is the worst part but my negative thoughts and anxiety and right there as well. I have been seriously considering medication but I have stopped drinking coffee in an effort to help the process and hopefully avoid medicine. A lot of things sunk in that I missed the first time. I have had so much traumatic stuff going on in my life to cause the start of this anxiety / depression. I thought I was coping well but I was just scrapping by depressed and not focusing on me. Or rather totally focusing on me but in a very negative way.

Just want to say wow my head is killing me. I knew I was addicted to coffee; back in 2003 when I went through the program the first time I stopped drinking coffee and it wasn't a big deal. I was tired but wow. The past 8 years I have been relying heavily on coffee, at least 4 cups a day with lots of sugar. My head hurts, my jaw, and the mental addiction is there as well. I keep thinking I wish I had a coffee! Lol. I am drinking a ton of water instead. I have so much energy without coffee; its amazing to me. Last night I had crazy dreams. Just so important to realize how much this stimulant effects those who are sensitive!

Looking forward to this week; going through the program. I am so proud of myself in ditching coffee I really can't even believe I did it. The sugar and caffeine I was consuming was insane. And proud of myself making this time to focus my efforts on my mental health instead of feeling down and sad.

coachchris

Re: Welcome to week 2

Post by coachchris » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Wow, that's amazing. You should be very proud of yourself :) We are cheering you on. I have so much more energy without the caffeine as well. If I get tired, I drink a glass of water and go out for a walk.

Keep us posted. We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Midwestwmn

Post by Midwestwmn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Chris,

Session 2 was very insightful on explaining the process that anxiety follows, what or should I say WHO can stop anxiety and also the true purpose of anti-depressants. Recently I was struggling with anxiety but these last few days I find my struggle is largely with depression.

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 am

Thanks Coach Chris. I wish that I had more time to put into this but I just going through it as best as I can while working full time, going to college part time and I have a 4 year old :) lol. Day three minus coffee and it amazes me how good I feel. I have so much energy. I love this program and I wouldn't be where I am today without it. It gave me coping skills that I didn't even know existed or that it was problem that I didn't have them! I hope to reinforce the foundation of it and get my head back on straight, through the negative worrying and depression and lack of socializing.

I really can't believe how addictive coffee is. For a long time I wanted to stop but just felt too depressed to bother. I worried I would be more aggravated and have no energy for my daughter. This morning I tossed out my coffee pot! lol. My head still aches. The biggest part that is so addictive is that initial zap you get from coffee then you chase it with more coffee. It'd be ok if I could drink just one cup but it starts as one and next thing you know I am drinking 5 a day and wondering whats wrong with me.

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 am

This first time I went through the program I wasn't a mom; or working full time or going to college part time! I wasn't even able to leave the house or hold a job. Now I have an amazing job that pays well. I support me and my daughter. I have earned a certificate, an associates degree and I am working a bachelors degree to graduate next year! I hope to continue and earn a Masters degree! I am doing a lot more and I am very successful. I bust my butt! I have fallen into a place of negativeness, have difficulty with decisions, depression and I am struggling with anything social (just shut down). I have been wanting to work out since having my daughter I just haven't been able to bring myself to make that time! I am always TOO tired!!

I have come a million miles since 2003 but yes; I do still have issues. I am happy to be finally making this step forward! I am proud of myself. This is the step before I decide if I should start on medication. If I am unable to pull myself forward; I feel like with my daughter, that medication will be the next step to help me. But the good thing is last night I wrote in my journal. I don't do it every night but last night was a good night and it really helped. I have been having some really negative feelings about certain people. I am doing great with no coffee (mind you it was also about 200 calories in sugar that I dumped as well). I just feel healthier overall. I also really cannot express what a strong impact coffee really had on me and I am looking forward to being coffee free for at least the length of the program to see its long term effects!

Just thought I'd share with everyone my positive findings in all this and I hope you all will do the same. Here's to a healthier self!

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”