My first Baby Step

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
spazz375

My first Baby Step

Post by spazz375 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:07 am

I just want to say that it may seem small but I have made my first step. I have anxiety about being alone. I always have to make arrangements to have someone with me when I go outside of my perimeter which is about a 15 mile radius. Yesterday I had to go out of town to get some supplies for work. My daughter went with me because I cannot drive alone YET. We stopped a strip mall and went into a store that we both like. Normally even when we are shopping in a store I will make sure I can see the person that is with me or at least call them on there phone and say, come look at this, even though it is just to make sure I can get them if I need them. Sounds crazy, but that's where I am. When we went into the store, she went her way and I went mine. After about 30 min. I got a little anxious and started looking for her. Didn't see her so I called her phone. She was in the dressing room. I calmed down. I started thinking that this was a good time to take a small step. I went to the dressing room, told her I was going to go next door to the pet store and would be right back. I did it. I was a little anxious but not too bad. I didn't stay there long but the point is that I left that store where she was, walked all by myself to the next store. Went in, even stopped to check out the kittens and walked back. I was so proud of my self. I am so excited. Not sure what the next step will be but I can't wait to find out. I just kept thinking that I am the one that makes myself feel like this and it's time to stop. I think that I have finally found something that is going to work for me.

downsouth

Re: My first Baby Step

Post by downsouth » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Awsome!! gotta start somewhere...

Dixiesmom

Re: My first Baby Step

Post by Dixiesmom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Congratulations. Any step in the right direction is a great step!

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”