having a hard time these days

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
mlq8598

having a hard time these days

Post by mlq8598 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:54 pm

I was wondering if anyone is had a difficult time with moving on to the next session. I am on session 3 but still have panic in the car and feel anxious whenever I think of a “negative” thought. After I have the panic, it makes me feel like I have failed entirely. Like I am not doing well with the program. Although, I have been honest for the first time with people around me about my anxiety and panic. It’s a great feeling that I no longer feel the need to hide behind my suppose perfect picture I typically try to paint. I find that my panic has gotten worse these past couple of weeks. Whenever I hear the videos about the people saying by the third week they never had a panic attack makes, my “what if thinking “go on overdrive. What if I fail and never get better etc… I know that this sort of thinking is a clearly negative not true, but there is still that part of me that says what if that statement is right. I would love if anyone could share some helpful tips that helped them during a panic attack and or negative thinking. I see old posts on here and find myself wondering if this site is still active.. I am crossing my fingers that there are people willing and open to share. :D

coachchris

Re: having a hard time these days

Post by coachchris » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Ml,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your reply and reaching out.

It is common for our adrenalin/anxiety to increase some as we are starting out. It takes courage to move in the direction of change and to be honest about what we are going through. It's important to remember our 6 steps in lesson 2 and to continue to float through the body symptoms. Be very patient with the body. It takes time to shift out of anxiety and into peace. It also takes time and practice for us to move out of negatives and into positives and we all have our own time frame for healing.

As we learned in lesson 3, every thought carries its own chemistry so we gain the power and motivation to keep moving our thoughts in a calm, positive direction. As we think better the body feels better. Little by little.

I know that for me, I had been through 2 years of chronic stress so it took my body months to really calm down. I learned early on that not everyday was going to be a good day, but every week was a better week and I continued to gain insights and grow.

Please keep reaching out. We are here to help.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”