Fueling the fear of a panic attack..

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Snowden26

Fueling the fear of a panic attack..

Post by Snowden26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Everybody,
Just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings on session two. Just walked for the entire length of the session two CD, throwing in a little exercise, and really liked it. I could really relate to the feelings of "go crazy" or "I must have a serious mental illness". I myself have felt that way while battling anxiety, depression, and OCD. Now I am beginning to wonder just from what the CD had to say if my OCD thoughts are really OCD, or are they just anxiety thoughts. I could also relate to the feelings of feeling like a "special case". Like I am that one in one hundred person that the program won't work on. It's my inner dialogue telling me lies again. I have to really watch myself for this because it's so easy to get down. Does anyone else ever feel like that?
Something they said on the CD made me listen up too. It was when Lucinda said "As soon as you stop being afraid of your panic attacks, they will stop happening!". That makes a lot of sense. I was in a social setting about 2 weeks ago and it was a setting that I couldn't just up and leave. After surviving for a couple of hours I got to thinking a really scary thought about something and that triggered my anxiety , then I could feel the physical symptoms of a panic attack coming on. I had to walk away from the group and pretend I had to use the restroom just cause I felt like if I didn't run, I would be so embarressed and everyone would think "What's up with her, freak!". God, this is so hard sometimes. Now just the thought of being in that group of people again causes me to get panicky feelings. How do I overcome this?

coachchris

Re: Fueling the fear of a panic attack..

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:50 am

Keep it simple. You were feeling adrenalin in the group because you started to have anxious whatif thoughts. Those are the facts. Now you choose to go into groups thinking positive, using the 6 steps and keeping your power. Remember, it's adrenalin. Float with it. There is nothing to fear. Love your hard work and courage. Keep it up:)

Coach Chris

Jennifer05

Post by Jennifer05 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi,
My name is Jen! I just started this program about a week and a half ago. Im on session 2 currently and have listened to the audio session once so far and did all the work in the work book. I still have the rest of the week to finish up listening to the audio session a few more times. But last night was when I was reading and writing in the work book and then also started reading Lucindas book "from panic to power" I did all this later at night around 9 or 10pm. I started feeling anxious reading about peoples panick attacks, so I thought I should put the book Down for the night. I listened to the rrlaxation Cd because I was a little anxious. It didn't help as much as it usually does. So I tried to go to bed.and never.fell asleep. Then around 4am I had the worst panick attack ive ever had. I tried the breathing technique but I was so far.gone at that point, I forgot how to even do it. That caused me to panick more. My whole body.was tingly. I knew it was normal but I was still scared because it has nevrr been that bad. I stood up to walk upstairs and I couldn't even grab the railing because my hands were so tingly and felt paralyzed. I was scared but still knew it was normal...I guess. I just laid down in the hallway face Down and told myself I okay and im my own safe place. Im glad I talked myself through it. But what discouraged me is that I have never had one that bad, and the last one I even had was a few years ago. So why all the sudden this happen? I dont want this to get worse. It was never that bad before the program. Is this normal.for it to get worse before it gets better? I don't like the thought of that.

Snowden26

Post by Snowden26 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

Jen,
I too felt really anxious the first week. More anxious than when I started the program. I didn't have a panic attack but I for sure felt really tense and had high anxiety for no reason. Maybe you were right to put the book down. Maybe its not the time to read it? You know too though, maybe you just had a bad night and that can just happen. I hope you feel better today. Keep in touch. Snowden26

Jennifer05

Post by Jennifer05 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey snowden, I wrote you a private message. Hopefully we can talk through that! :-)

Snowden26

Post by Snowden26 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Jen, I didn't receive your private message? Maybe try again, thanks. Snowden26

Jennifer05

Post by Jennifer05 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I just sent another one! Hopefully u get it!

happysub

Post by happysub » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi. In Sept I had my very first panic attack....after that I had many more. I thought it was my health...heart, brain, something. Once doctors ran tests on me on my heart and brain and I did research I realized it was panic attacks. I knew I was not in any danger after reading up on it. It was ME creating my own attacks with fear. The first one was triggered by stress. Then the rest was because I had constant fear of them so I kept getting them. As soon as I learned it was not my health and I was making them happen because of my fear of them they completely stopped. Did I feel nervous going back out after I learned about them? yes, very! But as soon as I went to the store and made it through and I just kept pushing myself to keep doing things like going to church and going to my daughters school functions, I can say I am panic free! I don't feel I will ever have one again. I know how to calm myself down with calming self talk. I also do the breathing. I have been reading books by Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer too. If you are spiritual believe in God that helps too.

I have a battle that began when I had lots of panic attacks...in my mind. It made me start doubting myself on everything. Thoughts that were scary, that I was going crazy. It is getting better now. I am only on lesson 4. I still feel anxious about those dumb thoughts....but I am learning that is all they are JUST THOUGHTS...I am in control of me. I say to myself...just thoughts is all they are...in this moment I am fine. That really helps me calm down....then I think about the cds in this program and how others have the same symptoms and over came it and I can too. I am the one making myself feel this way. I hope this info helps...

Snowden26

Post by Snowden26 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks Happysub!

happysub

Post by happysub » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 am

Your welcome :) ANYTIME just msg me if u want to chat ;)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”