God is Good

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Juststand2

God is Good

Post by Juststand2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:14 am

Hi,
I am new to the program and this is my first time posting. I hope this program works. I am currently doing session 2. Having a hard time starting an exercise schedule. The other things I have been doing and the relaxation CD in the morning time makes me sleepy again. I have OCD. I am scared of germs. I wash everything. I am anxious and scared. I have been telling myself to do the best I can in any situation and then give it to GOD. Lately, that has been working real well for me.Letting og of some of the control. My problem is wanting everything to be perfect instead of just doing what I can and letting go. I know I am causing this problem and I know I have to solve it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Be blessed, Juststand2

Juststand2

Re: God is Good

Post by Juststand2 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 am

Hi,
I have been told I need to interact with other people in this program. Is there anyone out there with any suggestions? Coach Chris do you have any suggestions or Coach Mike?

MirandaLey

Post by MirandaLey » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 am

Hi! First of all yes, God is WONDERFUL!

I have an idea for you... why don't you google, or go through your Bible, to find some really strengthening, comforting scripture passages about not worrying? I'm sure you would find some great affirmation in the Book of Psalm!!

Write them out and stick them places you'll look every day throughout your day, and remind yourself that God is in control.

mhammond

Post by mhammond » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:17 pm

I feel the same way. I'm just trying to tell myself that God is good. I also try and repeat the serenity prayer, or the verse from Hebrews 3:15 "I will never abandon or leave you". That can help me quite a bit. I also listen to relaxing music and pretend that God is saying those words to me. I like to pretend that God is singing the song The Lion Sleeps Tonight by the Tokens to me when I feeling anxious or scared. He speaks in many ways. I try my best to keep God and mind and I thank him everyday for the wonderful life that I have, and everyone has something to be thankful for, I'm doing my best to pray as much as I can and to keep him in mind. I just know that when I've gone through the program, and I won't battle anxiety, my relationship with God will be so much stronger than it is now. Good luck, and God bless.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”