Step out on Faith

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
peace83

Step out on Faith

Post by peace83 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:08 pm

I started session two a week an a half ago and I was nervous about the stuff they were saying but I got over it. What made me nervous was when they said you have to face your fears, you have to do what makes you nervous or anxious so I did. I was so anxious about giving my daughter a birthday party, just having to entertain a group of people and I did not throw her one party but two. Leading up to the parties I was nervous, my thoughts were just negative. I was thinking, I hope no one comes, what if a arguement happens, what if I shake through the entire party, and etc... I was at work telling people I hope no one shows up, I was just over it. Instead of thinking about my daughter, I was thinking about me. I still made the arrangments and brought everything for the parties but I was still nervous. Through all of this I started sessions two, I listened to it and knew I had to let go. The day of the first party, I listened to the session before the party started and I did some self talk. I took time out for myself while everyone got to know each other. I listened to myself, to my body; I knew I needed space so I took it. I took five minutes or so to chill in my room and open my mail. I walked out to our party guest and entertained. I had an amazing time and so did my daughter. I did not think about my aniexty and I did not think of anything negative. No one knew I was anixous and no one cared. We all just laughed and enjoyed my daughters birthday. Her second party the next day was even better.
The session talks about steping out there and doing what you fear and having self control. Well, I challenged both of them this weekend. I am so happy, I just have to remember this moment and allow it to drive me to do more. I ask God to help me to focus on the good, to appreiate the people in my life, and to let go. Life is good when you allow it to be... SELF CONTROL.

coachchris

Re: Step out on Faith

Post by coachchris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Great work!

peace83

Post by peace83 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanx coach!!! :D

Jlk

Post by Jlk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 pm

That is truely amazing that you crossed those boundries and showed your anxiety who was boss. Kudos to you, I know how impossible it seems to do anything good for yourself.

jardosgirl

Post by jardosgirl » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

You sound just like me I just had to host my daughters one year party and i was hoping no one would come because of all the what if's....but I did it! Good job to you

a7934

Post by a7934 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 pm

i can definately relate. i am so happy for you. i think that you were brave very brave. it is so much harder to be brave when you have more than yourself to consider :)

i read briefly the first part and i can relate to the negative thinking and just being so worked up until your over it!

i have made strides thankfully
but faith helps me too

i was lying in bed the other day, i had just come home from school and everything is going great. But when i am alone every now and then i fear that i am going to go back to feeling bad but then i held onto faith and positivity and kept moving

and by doing those things i realized that it really is about walking in faith and not fantacizing about it or entertaining negative thoughts

a7934

Post by a7934 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 pm

i totally agree with you-

Life is good when you allow it to be!

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”