Can't find carry-along card for Session 2

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
samcat

Can't find carry-along card for Session 2

Post by samcat » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I am reviewing the program and discovered I no longer have the little laminated carry-along card for Session 2. Could someone be so kind as to write out what is on side 1 and side 2 and then I can make my own little card? I would really appreciate it!!

To those of you who are new to the program, it is very well put together and full of great information. I have been working at this for a while now and do go to a good therapist, but find that Lucinda's program is very helpful. Just thought the "newbies" would like to know that and get some encouragement from it. We tend to be very skeptical and wonder if it will work. Sometimes, when I listen to Lucinda now, it is almost spooky because she and I used to think so similarly. You are going to learn that your negative thoughts, unrealistic expectations and personality traits are fueling your anxiety and once you learn that, hard work will help you improve. So believe in it and work it and learn to 'float" with your anxiety. You'll definitely improve!

beksbest

Re: Can't find carry-along card for Session 2

Post by beksbest » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:16 am

Session Two
Six Steps Designed to Put and End to Panic Attacks

*It's ok to be anxious. I'm ok.
*Body Symptoms are uncomfortable, but there is no danger
*I have tools to control Panic.
*I can handle sad feelings.
*I am my safe place. I am home.
*It's okay to relax now.
*I can share my feelings and thoughts.
*It always passes
*I am strong, courageous, and capable.
*My new skills are working.

Session Two: Side 2
Deal with Panicky Feelings

1. ACCEPT - float don't fight.
2. PERMISSION - I know what this is.
3. BREATHE - Inhale 2, exhale 4.
4. INNER DIALOGUE - positive, comforting.
5. DISTRACT -action, mental and physical for at least 15 minutes.
6. LET TIME PASS discomfort always passes.

Use these 6 steps for waves of sadness, anger, worry, etc.
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real
Recommended Reading: From Panic to Power

samcat

Post by samcat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Thank you beksbest. I really appreciate you taking the time to type all that out. You are a real sweetheart!! I did the same thing for someone on the forum once and it took quite a while to type it all out, so thanks again!! I know it took a lot of your time and it says a lot of good stuff about you that you would do that for someone you don't even know. As you will hear Lucinda say many times, "You are special."

I wish you great success with the program.

1niceone

Post by 1niceone » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for the post I lost my work book and cards so really appreciate you typing this

Midwestwmn

Post by Midwestwmn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

You should see if you could order a replacement workbook and cards from MSC. Or anyone else who finds themselves in this situation.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”