I am so scared

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
katz

I am so scared

Post by katz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 pm

I am pretty new and had to go back to session 2.
Just to tell you a little about myself. My mother just died and she was my only "friend". I had to move in with my boyfriend. (because I have nowhere else to go.) My anxiety was at such a high level and I started the program. I was doing pretty good, even though my boyfriend was no support.
He just called me Friday from work and said I should take a walk. When I said I wasn't feeling up to it he went off, saying, you gotta pick up your bootstraps. This is life, you have to push your limits, you cant just sit around reading and listening to tapes.
I am so anxious and full of anxiety. I don't know what i am going to do. I am going to call a shelter, but I don't know if that will cause me even more stress. I am going out of my mind. I just got used to being here alone, with no one to talk to but the people on support. I am on a waiting list for low income housing. I am scared. he is all I have. I have no friends here. I just cant get myself out of this except living one day at a time "practicing dealing with "terror" I tried to tell him that I am working, and he says he sees some improvement, but he thinks I have to push harder because he wants me better sooner.
I told him he is only stressing me out (which he is,) but he says that I should use my skills to combat this stress. I need someone to talk to. has anyone gone through this? I am so scared.
Thank you,
Kat

dhoyt84

Re: I am so scared

Post by dhoyt84 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 am

Write me a private msg and I wld be glad to chat. you are not alone..TRUST me.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear of our situation!! I am also sorry to hear you boyfriend does not have more understanding. If I recall there was a CD that we were suppose to give to our significant others, mothers or whomever to listen to. It basically gives them and Idea of what you are going threw and what they can do to support you.
I wish I had more to offer. I know how it can feel to feel soooo alone!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

nknecht6

Post by nknecht6 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm

I am on session 2 also. My husband is the same way as your boyfriend. It makes it so much harder to get threw this when they hound you to get over it. I know what you are going through. I have no one to talk to either except this support group. I have four kids so I can't just get up and leave. I want to get away sometimes but I can't leave my babies. I really do love my husband but I don't think he really gets what is really going on with me. He says to suck it up and change your attitude. You know what is bothering you so change it. Well it's not that easy. It hurts my feelings all the time when I try and talk to him about this. He never can say the right thing.

I hope you can get the help you need. I am still trying. Good luck

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”