does anyone suffer from agoraphobia

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
nicamo

Post by nicamo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:01 am

Thank you so much. You know, most of the time i feel useless. I mean before i had a steady job, i would drive to far places by myself, do spontaneous things, take my mom places or my family, and now i can't even go to church sometimes. I feel so bad because i can't even pick up medication for my mom, or i have to rely on my older sister or brothers, and my mom has cried with me telling me that what can she do? how can she help me? I feel terrible, i wish i could just move out to a place where nobody sees me....i feel that i'll never be the same or if not the same out of this self-timing bomb...argh! But thank you so much, God i'm so emotional...crying right now. Man if i was getting paid to cry i'll be richer than bill gates (is he still one of the richest? who knows.) Anyways thanx for listening. Hey one question, should i start the program again or pick up where i left off? God bless

selly32

Post by selly32 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:44 am

I find stores awful right now im going o wait til they are not croweded and try one this week i keep making mysekf go out but i keep panicking yesterday iw alk around the block feeling so offbalance and tingly but i made myseklf keeep going and i walked through it i csnt wai til i jsut dint have a panic attaCK PEIOD., I QUIT SMOKING AND HAVE GAINED ABOUT 20 LBS SO NOW I JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER WORKIGN ON IT ITSHARD . I KEEP TELLING MYSELF IM GOING TO PANIC is my problem and i do. i was shaking so bad lastnight i though my kness would give outand that was justa a walka round the block ia HTE PANIC BUT IM GOING TO LET IT WIN IW ANT MY LIFE BACK

nicamo

Post by nicamo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:51 am

aww...selly i know what you're going through. But hey!!! you went out and realized that nothing's gonna happen or that we're NOT going to dye, we just have to remember that it's baby steps. I get discouraged myself when i can't do big tasks, but as they say we have to learn to walk first before we can fly. Lets just pray to the Lord to help us out, so we can be happy, because he gave us our life to be happy and to enjoy the wonderful things he created. Believe me i'm the first one that forgets all of that stuff and make myself sick. But congratulations friend. God bless!!! see you later

selly32

Post by selly32 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:50 am

thanks so much I am trying but i find myself telling myself scary thingsbefore i go out and saying what if i panick instead i should be saying what if i dont panic?? but its hard everyday is a new day to work on it sorry bout my misspelling on the other paragraph i was typing fast and not paying attention. thanks for your kind words and ijust want to say red swaeter 30$ white shoes 20$ getting rid of anxiety and panic attacks priceless

Bees4me

Post by Bees4me » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:42 pm

Nicamo,
I understand completely about wanting to do what you used to be able to do. Why are we made to feel ashamed of being emotional? It's a big part of being human. I feel bad because my husband has to work and I can't right now. Instead of wishing for something in the past, take those baby steps right into your new future! (I would suggest starting at the beginning of the program again and skip the parts you feel that you've gone over enough.)

Selly32,
Aren't you taking on a lot at one time? It sounds like it's easy to get overwhelmed when quitting smoking AND panicking. Don't go into the big stores right now if it freaks you out. Learn how to slow your breathing and stop those nasty panic attacks in their tracks! Remember that this is a journey and you're not going to be able to wave a magic wand and make it all go away. What you will do is learn new coping mechanisms that will make you feel lots better about yourself. I just started week 10 and I'm not "fixed" but I already see positive changes in myself, and I bet you will too.
Good luck to both of you!
Leslie

NRod

Post by NRod » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:08 pm

im new here. i also suffer from agoraphobia. i will also like to chat with someone suffering from this.....i need help...thanks!

hso

Post by hso » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I suffer from agoraphobia. I have been like this for a year now. I avoid doing alot of things like hanging out with my friends, staying in the parking lot, being home by myself. I avoid taking risks like learning how to drive. I'm basically afraid of everything. I avoid doing everything. I'm in week two of the program. I do not know what to do and how long this will last. I just wanted to know has anyone come out of a situation like this?.

nicamo

Re: does anyone suffer from agoraphobia

Post by nicamo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:45 pm

you have all been a great deal of help. I was listening to some of the lesson cd and heard lucinda say that we make ourselves feel the way we feel, and it got me upset, why can't i just shake this off and feel better? why am i avoiding so many things? driving, going out, traveling.....and the list goes on and on and on...how are all of you doing? I do hope you guys are doing great!!!

lesley123

Re:

Post by lesley123 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 am

little italy wrote:I also struggle with this.

I have not left my house since june of last year.
After I finished session 2 (I've been working on session 3 now for two weeks) I was finally able to step foot outside my door. I'm still not able to go anywhere or drive yet, but at least I can go outside and sit in my yard.

I would also like to hear from other people who suffer like we do.

It always helps to know your not alone!

Yes i do i have done for 20 years ..its very hard after few relaspes i did go on medication , it does help with the right one ..yes i tried few , then left it for few years , after the last big relaspe deep down i knew i had to get onto medication..i still find it hard driving away from my home.. i have gone few steps back from where i was able to go n drive my own ..but im session 2 n starting to learn all over again to go out my front door...i can now go shopping but really love to have my safe person but now im going through seperation too ..bad one..he stopped helping me totaly...there is away ..i now have started excersing as soon as i get up im putting everything into this program ...i want to feel 100% n be indepeant n no aniexty as now ....

nicamo

Re:

Post by nicamo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm

you are not alone, we are all here, and i've been where you are, sometimes i have good days or bad days, but we just need to push everyday a little further, baby steps like lucinda says, one day go outside your door, sit there, next day go out a little more, and next day a block and we can do this, i've been there and i still have my agoraphobia issues, but i'm trying, thank God for this program and the people in the community, you could do it!! animo (animo=spanish for you could do it) God bless.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”