Lucinda are you out there?

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
katie1

Lucinda are you out there?

Post by katie1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 pm

I just listened to the group discussion part on Audio CD # 2. Lucinda's story is so similiar to mine. I'm in Sales. I could never ride with my boss or clients (and I'm a Realtor), I don't take clients (or go with friends) to dinner because I can't leave when I want to, I freak out when I have to go to the hairdresser or fly. I have IBS! Lucinda, are you out there? I hope your program works for me!!!!

ELENAGLEE

Re: Lucinda are you out there?

Post by ELENAGLEE » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi, I was wonder the same thing, I wonder what worked for her and her IBS becuase I feel excatly like her used to feel. My anxiety began due to my IBS. I am sesion 7 now, which one are you now? Good luck

katie1

Post by katie1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Session 7? That's great. I am not moving that fast. Session 3. Is this working for you?

ELENAGLEE

Post by ELENAGLEE » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm

katie1 wrote:Session 7? That's great. I am not moving that fast. Session 3. Is this working for you?

katie1

Post by katie1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:49 pm

I don't see your reply. Just my reply in quotes

ELENAGLEE

Post by ELENAGLEE » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Opps... What I typed before was that I was reviewing sesion 2 again because I did not complete all the exercises. Before I just listen to the relaxation cd once a day, now I am trying to listen them the three times as suggested.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Here is some information from the carry-along card from Session Two.
SIX STEPS DESIGNED TO PUT AN END TO PANIC ATTACKS

It's okay to be anxious. I'm ok.
Body symptoms are uncomfortable, but there is no danger.
I have tools to control panic.
I can handle sad feelings.
I am my safe place. I am home.
It's ok to relax now.
I can share my feelings and thoughts.
It always passes.
I am strong, courageous, and capable.
My new skills are working.

:)

katie1

Post by katie1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 pm

I guess I'm missing something here because I'm not sure what my new Skills are??????? Breathing???? Is that what I'm suppose to do everytime I have a panic attack and want to run away?

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 pm

That's part of it. If you have your carry along pocket cards, look at the side that says week 2 side 2. If not, this is basically what it tells you to do:
1. Accept (the panic, anxiety, etc) - float with it don't fight - it may get worse if you fight your feelings.
2. Permission - Give yourself permission to feel what you are feeling. You know what this is.
3. Breathe - I think this is the breathing you were talking about - Inhale for the count of 2 and exhale for the count of 4 - breathe from you abdomen and think positive thoughts while you breathe to help you focus. You should practice this when you are not stressed out so that it becomes easier and more like a habit.
4. Inner Dialogue - watch how you are talking to yourself, use positive and comforting self-talk.
5. Distract - do something besides sitting around and focusing on what's bothering you for at least 15 minutes.
6. Let time pass - remind yourself that your discomfort always passes.

I am sure there are other things you can do and try that may also work, but that is what is on the card.

Best luck!

TheTimeIsNow

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm

The 6 steps are what we do, but I think the most important task we have is how we talk to ourselves. Compassionate self talk. We need to talk to ourselves like we are talking to someone we care about. What would you tell someone that you love I they were experiencing a panic attack. I think what helps too is practicing all this even when our anxiety is low. If we wait for a full blown panic attack, we will forget our steps. We need to practice until it becomes second nature. I hope this helps.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”