Anxiety being at home alone

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
dw6692

Anxiety being at home alone

Post by dw6692 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I've read a lot about people who are unable to leave their homes as that is their safe place. I seem to have the opposite problem. I become extremely anxious when I am left alone at home all day. I used to cherish my alone time, when my boys were in school and my husband went to work but now I dread them leaving. I have no problems with driving, working or going out in public. It makes me sad that I can't be comfortable in my own home when I'm by myself.

KAMO

Re: Anxiety being at home alone

Post by KAMO » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:34 pm

I know exactly how you feel. I am perfectly comfortable driving around, in crowds, or at home with my husband, but I get very anxious when he leaves for work and I'm left at home all day long by myself. I'm not afraid of anything happening to me, but I'm afraid something will happen to my husband and I'll be left alone the rest of my life. I've never had this problem until about 3 years ago and I cannot stand it. Meds help, but they don't give me that relaxed, comfortable feeling I used to have. I hate this feeling.

SherryC

Post by SherryC » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 pm

I know how you feel... I am the same way... I can not wait till I have a day off and when I do I get no rest cause I'm afraid to be be alone and what if something happens and no one is home with me... So I get up and do things to keep me busy until someone gets home...

bjmarr98

Post by bjmarr98 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I often feel anxious when I am home alone. The last two days have been really crappy. The symptoms of my anxiety are I force myself to breath because I don't feel like I am getting enough air. That alone stops me from doing stuff, because I feel the anticipatory anxiety that, I am going to go where ever and the breathing is going to start and then I am afraid that people are going to stare at me because i look like a freak and what if I pass out. Listening to the cd helps me to know I am not alone. Though when I am in the dead mist of a panic attack I find it difficult to do the relaxation breathing, because breathing is my issue. You know on the tape where Lucinda sayd trust yourself, I think that I have an issue with trusting my own body that it is going to breath with out me forcing it... I so want to get these skills down so i can get past this, but it breaks my heart that I can't see myself with out having the anxiety? what would I do? how would I act? can anyone relate? The anxiety has become my identity that is a sad things to say... The writing does help me though....Hows everyone else doing? I would really like to work through the program with a buddy if there is anyone else out there. ONe thing that really helps me when I am having a bad time is a hugs from my seven year old daughter. IT IS THE BEST
smooches everyone
Bobbi jo

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”