Two steps foward Four steps back

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
byfaith421

Two steps foward Four steps back

Post by byfaith421 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:10 pm

I have had panic attacks for 30 years and I have finally decided to do something about it. I started the program two weeks ago and feel Im on the road to recovery and something happens, I feel I just blow all that I worked on and it goes down the drain. My thoughts are constant, it seems I cant turn my brain off. I guess with all that negative self- talk for 30 yrs. it want happen over night. I truly need a friend that understands what Im going through. So-called friends have told me to get a grip or go get nerve pills, but that is a problem to, Im scared of medication to the point I cant even take Advil for a headache. They laugh at me or tell me I need to see a shrink. It has caused me to withdraw and not tell anyone what I am going through, I just keep it all inside and lash out in anger. I guess I feel it is my only defense. I am so proud of myself for taking the step to get well, I refuse to live this way another 30 yrs. It is time to start taking care of myself for a while instead of taking care of others. I hope this dont sound self-centered because that is not who I am. I have a tender heart and I think sometimes people take advantage of that. The program is awsome and I have high hopes for recovery. :)

Clarysage

Re: Two steps foward Four steps back

Post by Clarysage » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Good for you! I think it is great that you have made a commitment to get well and take action. That is wonderful. I think taking responsibility for your own well being is a very positive step. This program has given me so much. After listening to just the first CD I believed there was hope for me and that I could get better. Some days are better than others. I am only on session eight and already I feel more freedom in my life.
I have one friend I can talk to and I see a counselor once a week which helps too. :)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”