new to the program

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Aperkins

Re: new to the program

Post by Aperkins » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Hello, I'm in my second week and anxiety is on my mind more than ever.

mmwillie928

Post by mmwillie928 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:21 pm

hey guys, the anxiety being on your mind more than ever is normal. when you do the program you are learning to face what has been bothering you rather than try to fight or run from it. so, part of facing it is learning to accept it and then find out what has been causing you to feel anxious. i know accepting it sounds scary, but it is actually calming. instead of freaking out like "man! anxiety again! what am i going to do?!" just being like "i am anxious. it's ok. this is a normal part of life" you notice your body symptoms go down. then when you are accepting, you can breathe and think "why am i anxious? what is causing me to be anxious?" when you have figured it out, you can talk calming to yourself about the anxiety. but that accepting the fact that you are anxious instead of panicking over it, it calms you down which definitely helps you pin point what caused the anxiety or at least just help you calm yourself down from it. what Lucinda is trying to teach is anxiety is nothing to be afraid of.
if you have a hard time pin pointing what is causing your anxiety, think back a lil to what you may have been thinking about or doing around the time the anxiety started. if you still don't know what is causing it, just know it is just anxiety, it won't hurt you, and it will go away.
don't beat yourself up for being anxious.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I also suffer from anticipatory anxiety and it just makes you tired and wears you out just worrying
about something that has not happened yet or something that may never happen. ( Sigh ). Almost
5 years ago my panic attacks lead me to the hospital emergency room more than once. Wish I knew
then what I do now, I had no idea what a panic attack was. I am seeing a Psychiatrist and I am taking
medications now, but that doesn't change a persons behavior. Taking the meds and not changing
your behavior is no good. That is why I am working on the program again, I need to change my
behavior in addition to taking the meds. I would like to make enough of a change to end my
medications in the future, if possible. I hope that working on the program and reading Lucinda's
book and particpating in the Peer Support website will help.
Lynda :D

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

I am on my second day of week 2 (session 2). I am learning a lot and am so aware of my feelings. I notice that by meditating lots, I do feel a little drowsy..but I feel GOOD drowsy. And I know eventually the GOOD will simply STAY and the DROWSINESS will go AWAY! So...it all works out. I have never used an online support system either. I think just blogging helps and answering other ppl/reading their stories/ reading their replies to you if they end up replying. All I can say is KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON! You're all on your way to peace love and happiness! I was not anxious like at all today that I was aware of! I stay so busy and follow the program :)
Best to all of you
Hugs n Love from KeepSmilin

:)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 pm

[quote="LyndaLu"]"I also suffer from anticipatory anxiety and it just makes you tired and wears you out just worrying
about something that has not happened yet or something that may never happen."

So true....I do this all the time. The worst that can happen usually isn't even that bad in my head....AND... when the worst never happens...I am relieved. So, why even WORRY until it DOES happen....There's just no point.

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 pm

[quote][/quote][quote="LyndaLu"]I also suffer from anticipatory anxiety and it just makes you tired and wears you out just worrying
about something that has not happened yet or something that may never happen.

So true....I do this all the time. The worst that can happen usually isn't even that bad in my head....AND... when the worst never happens...I am relieved. So, why even WORRY until it DOES happen....There's just no point.

paulc54321

Post by paulc54321 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:01 pm

I''m in my 2nd wk-I don,t think I have panic attacks my big worry is depression and what it is doing to me physicaly. I'am getting all kinds of physical things happening to me. is anybody else having same?

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 pm

I am not depressed much...like I get depressed..but my main problem is anxiety.

I do however have many health issues...stomach aches ( they just told me last night at the hospital that I might have an ulcer), I am always sick...etc. So..I know all about the physical effects of stress, anxiety, depression, etc.

What are some of your symptoms? And I would suggest writing down everything you can at this point....and see if you really haven't even once, had a panic attack...even if it was mild. If you haven't, maybe you will. And wriitng things down will help.

Ever lost something of yours and scrambled to find it? Ever felt like you were losing control and really just freaking out and over reacting? Maybe not, but most of us have and it's normal to do so if you've learned how to react that way your entire life. We can change all that.

I am in week 6 and it's def. helping me. I am now learning all about anger. It's something I am very excited to learn more about.

Do you suffer badly from anxiety?

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 pm

dear paul: I suffer from depression, but I also have anxiety and something my doctor calls

"mood disorder" ( whatever THAT is ). Anyhow, what kind of physical symptoms are you having ?

I really do think that anxiety leads to depression in one way or another and that both are connected.

What Session are you working on now ? Keep in touch with us and we will gladly reply and share.

Lynda Lu :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:04 pm

My reply (above) was directed at Paul as well.
How are you, Paul?

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”