Am I doing it right?

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
shanleigh121

Am I doing it right?

Post by shanleigh121 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 pm

I guess a little about myself would be helpful..lol. A year ago, like many others I've noticed , I found myself in the emergency room with what I thought to be a heart attack. I was having many other symptoms and floating from doctor to doctor to find what was wrong with me. Finally I was told it was having panic attacks and was sent to a phyciatrist. I haven't taken any medications although three different kinds have been prescribed to me. It starts when I open my eyes in the morning..till the time I go to bed. I'm on session two.. I for through my CD, the DVD, read the workbook...then came the assignments. I was immediately overwhelmed. To the point I reread the to so lost four times now...I start doubting if I'm doing the six steps right? When can I fit in all they want me to do and try? I'm already doing the laundry while I fit in a work out, I'm re listening to the CD while I mow the lawn, and as for relaxation part..I seem to only make time for it at night. Three times ..I just can't find the time. Now add a mantra , a book, a biography, and a journal to the pile..I'm a single mother of two...with a full time job as a restaurant manager...eek! If I don't do everything..am I setting myself up for failure?

ElectrifiedBrain

Re: Am I doing it right?

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 pm

shanleigh121 wrote:If I don't do everything..am I setting myself up for failure?
No. Any progress is still progress. You don't have to listen to the audio CD 9001 times in a week. Just do what you can, and just because you can do the relaxation CD only one time a day doesn't mean that you're doing it wrong. There is no one right way to do this program, so do what you can and feel good about it. With all of the things you have to do in life, it's no wonder you don't have much time, although I think you could probably do away with mowing the lawn so frequently; at least, it sounds like you mowing every day.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

shanleigh121

Post by shanleigh121 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 am

Thank you for your reply ! You also made me chuckle, which was much needed. As perfectionism is one of my personality traits, I kinda AM mowing just a little too frequently. By saying that, u pointed out I need to remember to slow down. So thanx again.

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 am

I'm a perfectionist too, and I totally just saw that I said "you mowing," when I meant "you mow" (I was switching it from "you're mowing," hence the mistake). :lol

You're very much welcome. You don't have to be perfect to be loved. In fact, if the universe had been perfectly homogenous in its early days, the Earth would have never formed! So when you make a mistake, thank yourself as I did myself just now, because without imperfections, we would have nothing.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”