I AM A NURSE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO CURE THIS ANXIETY

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
isabel001

I AM A NURSE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO CURE THIS ANXIETY

Post by isabel001 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 pm

HI EVERYONE.... my name is isabel, im a NURSE and i really did well in school and im always the favorite of everyone at work bec they say im really good... not until one day i woke up realizing I CANNOT BE A NURSE ANYMORE :(

sad isnt it???????? the reasons are so vague but let's narrow it down.... I HAVE POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER, I HAVE ANXIETY DISORDER AND I HAVE DEPRESSION.

sounds tooooooo much right????? awwww!!!!!

but what can we do? life must go on....

i was referred to the program and gradually im gaining back my life inch by inch....

i feel like im a turtle battling to finish my race millions of miles away BUT i am not alone...

LUCINDA,GOD,MYSELF AND YOU GUYS ARE HERE TO HELP ME RIGHT???? :)

other realization.....

My psychiatrist could help but i realized 99% of my recovery relies on me...

MY STRENGTH AND MY INNER PEACE...

but it is sooooooooooooo hard especially if u are in severe stress,negative thoughts and high level of anxiety...

if there are nurses/doctors/therapists/anyone in the medical field like me... speak up! :) i would love to hear from u.....

AlphaDog

Re: I AM A NURSE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO CURE THIS ANXI

Post by AlphaDog » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:20 pm

I am an RN just getting started on this program...I just wrote you a long reply intended to encourage you, but it "went somewhere" and i can't find it. I am extremely frustrated (not hard to do :? ) with this site. I don't find it friendly. Called Support and was rushed thru an confused and overwhelmed more...i'm not experiencing anddy help since i can't even decide what to read, and i want to interact, not just read....please help..

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi to both of you! :D Yep. this site has gone through some changes, it use to have Avatars or photos by your name, where people put something cheery or what describes them. Things seemed easier to read and the format just sort of greeted you in a fun or nice way. Unfortunately that has changed, but I came back here after going elsewhere because this place is smaller in traffic, more simplified. You will get use to it...just imagine anxious people coming here when it changed and everything was mixed up. It was distressing, but some have returned and others stayed.

You should start to feel better as you listen to your CDs and read other people's postings and stories and post your own.
Glad to have you here! Paislee :mrgreen:

jhenry

Post by jhenry » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 pm

You think yours is bad I am studying to become a psychologist, if I don't fix mine I can't even do something like private nursing. I will just have big bills and what income? You will be fine just like nursing it is a day by day program and you will get through it just like me. You call heal others with anxiety it is easier if you think of your illnesses as having a heart murmur and low blood pressure. You could still work with those but you heart may feel crazy scary and you might feel weak faint and numb, causing you to breathe heavily and need to slow down. It would be hard but you could do it just like you could do this. It is just like any other illness and just like any other illness it will take sometimes years to control diabetes, you could really turn the corner in just a couple months you are doing great you are getting the help you need and if you can work hard enough to become a nurse you can do this. Take it a week at a time just like school.

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

hi everyone.... thank you so much for replying to me.... :) your messages encouraged me so much. thank u...

AlphaDog

Post by AlphaDog » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank y'all for your kind words of encouragement and commiseration about the site...it feels friendlier already. I need to write down my post yesterday as a negative thought. :!: I'm seeing results of the Program as I encounter recurring depression and irritability, try out some tools, trust in help from above and treat myself with more patience and kindness...
More hopeful. Hope that you are feeling better, too

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:31 am

I'm glad you both are feeling better. That's great! Paislee :mrgreen:

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:04 am

if I don't fix mine

That implies you're broken, which you're not. None of us are.

Original Poster: What brought on your PTSD, if you don't mind sharing?
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

dawfai

Post by dawfai » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:15 pm

I was a agoraphobic for years with, panic disorder, social anxiety, depression.... I would wake up shaking and dry heaving. I prayed and prayed I wanted to get better. I wanted to just feel comfortable in my own home..... check the mail. I wanted to walk my son to the end of the driveway to the school bus! I was pretty bad! I always thought how can I stop these thoughts when they are always there. I lived in fear..... with the program and some great friends I met in the chat, I got into church. Well a few times i'd get half way there and haft to have my Hubby turn arround and bring me home but one day I pushed and got there and it was hard to stay but I did it! I'm not sure what the sermon was about cause i was to figety to listen but now I go every sunday and i'm doing great! I just went with my family for the first time to the zoo! That's huge cause last summer when we went I broke down balling not even half way there and had to come home. I don't drive far alone yet and still have a lot to over come but I'm getting there. Ok so how did I do it well the my husband, kid's, program, support group, God and church, councling, and I gave in and tried medicine. Some can beat it with out medicine i'm one that needed it. I finally smile again and laugh. I get up and get dressed up and feel good about myself and I can eat again with out getting sick, I can eat in restaurants ( which i hadn't done in years. Me and my husband are trying for another baby and we are so happy together. I could go on and on about what I have been through to where i'm at. I'd love to help anyone that needs it cause I have been there! My email is dawfai@yahoo.com. Trust me you can beat this and live again even tho it son't seem like it. I'm proof you can! :mrgreen:

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 pm

hi dawfai... thank you so much for the encouraging statement... :)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”