Morning Anxiety

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
stix

Morning Anxiety

Post by stix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Do any of you experience some of your worst anxiety immediately after you wake up in the morning? I Often wake up about an hour before my alarm clock goes off, and I have such anxiety that there is no possible way to go back to sleep. My thoughts start racing, and I think I just can't take this everyday. Sometimes I feel like there is no way I am going to make it to work feeling like this. But, then, I take a shower, get to work, and everything feels better (not great, but manageable). It is not every single morning, but it is many of them.

mcshope

Re: Morning Anxiety

Post by mcshope » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes, I do have more anxiety in the morning. I guess it is because my mind is not busy. Once I get going my mind is distracted, so the anxiety goes away.
Have you tried to listen to the relaxation CD in the morning when you wake up?....
Sometimes I just get back in bed, curl up and let it pass, practicing the belly breathing.
I know it is not a nice feeling, but remember that it will go away, just let it pass.
Hope

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:08 pm

I got that to

Sandiemcr

Post by Sandiemcr » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I get this. I really do. During certain times during the month, I can spot the hormones too. I tend to suffer more panic attacks around my period. Weird. I hate waking up, and finding myself moving into a panic attack almost immediately. My whole day goes off then.

dana11

Post by dana11 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:08 pm

My anxiety is worse in the morning too. I can't go back to sleep once I wake up because my mind starts "going". I have been cutting back on my anti-anxiety meds and it's been a battle (of the mind, LOL). I have been doing really good though, I am really impressed with the program, considering I'm only on lesson 2, at how well I feel on a daily basis. It is soooo much better than 3 or 4 weeks ago. Can't wait to complete the program, but I know I should stick to the agenda, and I will. We CAN do this! We have the tools.
Dana11

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:25 am

I have most of my anxiety when I wake up, since me sleeping is a way of me escaping my problems. As above, I do recommend listening to the relaxation CD because, even if you don't get back to sleep, you can still feel relaxed. After you're done, I recommend getting up. If you move, you get rid of that excess adrenaline, and you'll be more likely to sleep a little longer the next day and the next, up until you wake up to your alarm. Staying in bed and worrying won't help you much.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

cara13

Post by cara13 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:22 pm

I suffer mostly from morning anxiety, it is horrible. It is hard for me to manage a full time job when I wake up every morning anxious and scared. It is enough to get through each day all ready. Does anyone have any suggestions?

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:28 pm

hi :) well.... let me tell you something... i would wake up in the morning with FULL STRONG HEART PALPITATIONS... as if my heart is ready to jump out of my chest.... then i would be so afraid to start my day bec im a nurse and i couldnt even help myself with my palpitations...

but first, i PRAY.
second, i MEDITATE
THIRD I EAT even though i couldnt even swallow the food bec of anxiety
fourth i drink my multivitamins
lastly i EXERCISE

cara13

Post by cara13 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 pm

I need to exercise but most mornings I feel so anxious my heart feels like it it already pounding. I am so uncomfortable I hide from any and all responsibility. I just want to hide in the bed. Any tips on how to just get out of this funk and do the necessary steps?

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:52 pm

CARA... as soon as u wake up..... if u feel like your heart is racing already..... sit down at the edge of the bed. TAKE ONE DEEP BREATH! and have a sip of water. BUT NEVER STAY ON YOUR BED LAYING DOWN BEC IT WILL CAUSE MORE DEPRESSION CARA

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”