overwhelmed

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Tifinage

overwhelmed

Post by Tifinage » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 pm

I am on session 2 and am so overwhelmed. sometimes i dont have time to listen to the tapes and do the homework, i had time today and i listened to session two and i felt like i could relate until i looked at the guidebook which said internal anxiety is where you feel anxiety because you are concerned with how you feel on the inside, i dont feel like thats what i am concerned with, i feel like i am concerned about how i feel about the external stressor and therefore i am upset not because i care what my body is feeling like on the inside but because of my state if mind...i feel like im not doing the homework right and feel like i want to give up...please help! also where are the veterans on this site to get in contact with?-Tiffany

emma1234

Re: overwhelmed

Post by emma1234 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi - I'm sorry I'm not replying with something helpful ... just wanted you to know I am feeling the same way. My anxiety is coming from external issues, and I am super overwhelmed and worried about EVERYTHING -- mine is mostly work related & fear of losing my job, b/c of some mistakes i've made. Hopefully someone out there will respond and have something to say that will help us both.

Kait

Post by Kait » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:35 am

I am no veteran, but I think I can relate to where you're coming from. I completed the program last year, and about to start it back up.
In my situation, some of my external stressors were distractions so I didn't notice what/how I felt towards what went on inside...not saying this is the case with you, but it was with me. Also, some stuff didn't make sense to me either if I didn't fully listen/or do homework...I found I had to make sure I did 100% of both, or I would always miss the vital points, lol.
And sometimes the external stuff is either out of our control, or actually takes care of itself.
There were times that I didn't know how I was going to get through another day, due to certain circumstances, and things did work out, where I saw NO way of them doing so.
Don't give up! The results/skills learned are so worth it, and will change your life forever :) Good luck to you both!

Tifinage

Post by Tifinage » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 am

Thank you both soo much for replying. You are very sweet. I feel more confident now about what i am doing this week, i.e. the homework and relaxation. There are things in my life that are out of my control and i remiss on them every second of the day....it is very hard for me to let things go, especially if i felt like i was wronged. Thank you for your support. I am trying to do things 100% but sometimes the schedule confuses me....are we suppose to look over the guidebook more than once? I.e. after i have completed the homework session once do i have to keep looking it over...i think that would help? And the observing is hard for me...what am i supposed to be observing? And is it OK to spend more tan a week on a session if at first you werent doing 100%? And do you have to follow the recommended daily schedule 100%? Thank you!
-Tiffany

LiannaMichelle

Post by LiannaMichelle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:31 am

the program support team at StressCenter is great. i spoke with a woman the other day who was super nice. i know they are more than happy to help us all navigate our way through our recovery. i'm sure they would be able answer your questions and ease your mind. it is hard for me to find time to do everything too. i have 3 young children and hardly any time to myself. i am trying to be patient with myself. at the beginning i told myself "if you cant follow the recommended schedule to a T its ok. take it slow and do the best you can do". my goal is to complete one session a week. listen to the audio at least twice (sometimes this has to be in the car or while i'm doing dishes, etc.), do the relaxation at least once a day and do the workbook a page at a time. i also find the take-along cards very helpful. i keep them with me always and review them as much as possible. be encouraged. maybe it would help to set a small goal for yourself each day. if it takes more than a week to complete a session its ok. just do it at your own pace.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”