Slowing things down

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Cara_C

Slowing things down

Post by Cara_C » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 am

Im not sure if anyone else is having the same problem as me for slowing down this week. Most of my life ive lived fast, their was never a lot of time to just do things slow, we always had something else to do. In a typical day, I will wake up when my husband goes to work, then back to sleep until my one year old wakes up. He walks now... and he is really good at it haha. He keeps me really busy, but then I have to clean the house, give my little man breakfast, put him down for a nap... If im lucky. Then work sometimes. Its a battle somedays, and this going slower thing is awful for me... any suggestions?

Kait

Re: Slowing things down

Post by Kait » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Cara!
One thing that helped me, since I still struggle with slowing down is giving it a time limit...
For instance, say ok for the next 15minutes (or 5, 10, 30 whatever) I will read a book, or listen to the guided relaxation with Lucinda, or put on my favorite show and not try to do or think about anything else...
If I can break things down, they don't seem so impossible.
For what it is worth, I have trouble slowing down, because I feel like I am wasting time, not getting anything done, etc.
Or maybe I feel like I don't deserve a break? Well I do! And SO DO YOU :)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”