hoping for change

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
axsis

hoping for change

Post by axsis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:35 pm

i have always had anxiety but was able to work through most of it, i worked hard very outgoing always there to help anyone in need always the person you can count on and wen things got tough i put on a front as though every thing was OK but over the past year and a half every thing has fell to pieces. It got so bad that i could not get to work and went out on disability and after i ran out i went back to work for 2 weeks and could not make it. i then lost my job and medical insurance and with no income i can no longer get to the doctor. since then my world has just gotten smaller and smaller i cannot even leave the street i live on. my family thinks that you just flip a switch and make it better and say that people are talking and I'm making them look bad. i wish i could be without this disorder but we all know how hard that can be. i am hoping that i can get some relief with this series.

Dallas

Re: hoping for change

Post by Dallas » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Axsis,

I have been reading several posts and this is my first one! What I have noticed is that most of US seem to have this feeling that WE are supposed to be the strong, tough and reliable ones. I am the oldest child in my family and have always been thrown into the problems of my parents marriage, money issues, and overall responsibility for my siblings. I have this feeling that I am supposed to keep everything under control (including myself) and solve the problem. Most of the time the problem is somebody else's. I think that we are such caring people that we often forget to care about ourselves. I am only on session 2 and have decided that one of my major issues is that fact that I am a pleaser. I'm no expert, but maybe we should use this caring attitude towards ourselves and allow us to be a little less invincible to the world. Maybe let our guard down and stop putting all of our energy into solving peoples problems, while learning to accept our own faults. I just want to let you know that you are definately not alone. I suffer from social anxiety which is odd for me because I used to be very confident and outgoing. My anxiety is so bad that it has been tough for me to even sign up and post comments in this forum. I hope I have provided some insight and hopefully we can both make it through this and fully become the people we want to be.

axsis

Re: hoping for change

Post by axsis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 am

i have been not posted in a long time i got so stressed out and pretty much shut down, just stared back on meds and want to kick the thing thats been holding me down. i haven't been more than 2 blocks from my home in 3 years, just been in my tiring not to feel that fear..

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”