Anxiety at Night

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Swede11

Anxiety at Night

Post by Swede11 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi! I just joined the peer support group. I have never done anything like this before, and I am hoping it helps! It's nice to know there are other people out there going through similar things. For some reason, my anxiety tends to be the worst at night. I get really panicky thinking about it being dark...it makes me feel claustrophobic or something! I get nervous when things start to get quiet and everyone starts settling down. Does anyone else struggle with this? Any suggestions?

Team Mom

Re: Anxiety at Night

Post by Team Mom » Mon May 23, 2011 7:30 am

Yes, I'm there with you. I just stopped an antidepressant and my anxiety has been awful. I think part of the fear at night is having another attack. I go to bed trying NOT to think about it but subconiously I do. I've been having to take Ativan for my anxiety. I keep doing the breathing exercises and that seems to help a little. Good Luck!

KMMeyer

Post by KMMeyer » Tue May 31, 2011 11:56 pm

My anxiety is also at its worst during the night. I've found that listening to the relaxation CD right when I get into bed, helps me fall asleep. Unfortunately, it doesn't make me stay asleep. I wake up at night often in a full blown panic. I have no idea what causes that. I think I'm afraid of waking up in a panic now, so that is exactly what happens. I just finished listening to session 2, so hopefully I can improve my ability to talk myself through them. We'll see how it goes...

andresyeva1

Post by andresyeva1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Im having the same exact problems as you all do is there something you guys now that make will make me feel better.

kes

Post by kes » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 pm

I also suffer greatly at night like wise id will be interested in any advice .

hugs
kes

staceyclodfelter

Post by staceyclodfelter » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:55 pm

I too feel most anxious at night. Just before night fall I'm worrying I will have a panic attack and if I make it until I go to bed without having one I'm worrying then that I will wake up in the middle of the night having a panic attack. When I wake up my heart is pounding and I'm affraid I'm having a heart attack. I just started on session 2 so hopefully this will not happen very many more times.

Jacmyster

Post by Jacmyster » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:27 pm

I've had really bad insomnia for about a month and it got to the point where I was panicking about going to bed because I never knew if I would be able to sleep or when it would happen. I decided that if I started getting antsy about it, instead of panicking about it, I would get up and read until I felt tired again. I have learned that I can survive on a few hours of sleep, even though I am exhausted when that happens. This has helped me not panic as much at night.

Kait

Post by Kait » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:17 pm

I too struggle with night time, for me I think I am afraid of things/people slowing down and I will not be able to and never sleep. I try to just remind myself the anxiety is there, I will not die if I slow down, and I am ok.
Reading/crosswords help me a lot. Or I will even clean late at night to physically tire myself out.

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:51 pm

hi everone... i used to be a very good sleeper at night not until i developed ANXIETY DISORDER...

I used to sleep 8-10 hours at night uninterrupted but not recently...

the relaxation tape helped me...

and right now my psychiatrist prescribed me xanax and i take it before i go to sleep it worked for me :)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”