Hello

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
maryanne_g

Hello

Post by maryanne_g » Wed May 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Maryanne. I just started the program. Nobody knows about it and I just feel totally alone. In general everything is online these days and I feel almost no human contact. I know a lot of us don't want to reveal ourselves in person, but I was wondering if anyone is in New York and would want to do this together or if anyone wants to do it via skype? To be honest with you, I've been feeling kind of bad lately. To the point that it's kind of hard to go out and get that spiral notebook that I need for session 3 to track my negative thoughts. I've been really strong in the past and I have accomplished a lot. But now I feel really tired and I feel so totally alone in doing this. Especially during the day when there is no one around. I was in school, and it's summer so it's supposed to be my vacations, but I just don't feel like that. Last summer was great. I spent it with my friends. Now one of my best friends had to move away, the other has issues of her own. When I watch Lucinda's coaching videos I get so inspired and I want to go ahead and do it. Then the next day arrives and I feel so much anxiety and emptiness around me and I don't feel like I can do the work required. I'd listen to the CD, but clearly it is not enough. I have to work through it, and then practice.

Paisleegreen

Re: Hello

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 am

Hi Maryanne! :D Most of us have been there or are still there or go back and forth. I'm not in N.Y. but hopefully you will find someone you can trust. You are feeling quite normal for the condition you are in and why you bought the Program. I know what you mean about the Internet and not being able to be with a real person. I finally started reading the program's guidebook. I didn't have it when I first go the CDs from my sister who lent them to me.

But Lucinda talks about Mustering up the courage to "move" or do something different that will help you feel better. This is so true, I've been to New York, and there is a lot you can do right now where the weather isn't too hot or humid. If you can get yourself to a park and around other people, this will help you. Even a library is peaceful yet has people there that are generally nice.

Also, visiting a place of importance in history or some place where a tourist would go you might try. Tourist are usually very happy and chatty. I just got back from a trip out of state and had a great time because everyone else was having fun visiting! :D If this is too much, at least try and get outside and get some sunshine and smell some spring flowers. There are many here that will help you along your way. Paislee :mrgreen:

maryanne_g

Re: Hello

Post by maryanne_g » Thu May 12, 2011 10:03 am

Thank you for your kind words. I am getting a sense that there are many nice and understanding people on this board.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”