Feeling good today

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
mramirez10

Feeling good today

Post by mramirez10 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Yesterday and today have been such good days. I honestly still don't know what makes for a good or bad day. I do the same things everyday, but some are good and some are bad. I'm greatful for the past 2 good days. Yeah!!! I started session 2 today. It is verry hopeful to hear of people that had anxiety every day and panic attacs that are "healed"

mramirez10

Re: Feeling good today

Post by mramirez10 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Today was also an o.k. day. Not as good as yesterday. I think I get more anxious when I percive I have a lot to do that day. Like today it was laundry day. I don't like doing the laundry and it takes so long. I have 5 kids so you do the math. It is a lot of laundry. It really isn't that bad, but I still get anxious. I just have to keep reminding myself that it isn't that bad. I escaped to my sisters house today because I didn't want to deal with it. I've noticed that when things get overwhelming (and these days the littlest things seem to overwhelm me) I tend to exscape somewhere. Any where I can go. I guess that's when I should use the 6 steps. I'll try that tomorrow instead of running away.

AimCat

Post by AimCat » Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 am

mramirez: Good luck using the 6 steps tomorrow. Let me know how they work for you. Having a lot to do dismays me too when I'm feeling anxious. I just don't want to do any of them. My day ended up going okay despite my fierce desire to avoid everything this morning.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Well today was o.k. as well. I didn't have any panic attacks. I actually haven't had one for almost a month now. I just have generalized anxiety every day. It is hard for me to relax especially with a baby, and small child at home, but today I got it in. I had to split it up to fit it in, but I did it! It did help. I really didn't want to do it, but I did anyway so I'm proud of my small achievement today. I did use the 6 steps. Breathing helps a lot. I don't really get the accept part, but I'm guessing that as soon as I don't let the symptoms scare me that I will do better. However, they still scare me. Also most the time I can't figure out what is scaring me, or what the real problem is. That really bugs me. I wake up feeling anxious every morning and don't always know why. I think it could be just being scared of being anxious.

THH

Post by THH » Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm

mramire10,
5 kids!!!!! You will do great with this program. It will teach you how to prioritize your household. Be kind to your self, learning how to have positive self talk and lower expectations. Each session is so very helpful. Keep the faith, it really does get better!

For me, excepting the anxiety means to identify the body symptoms are just that anxiety. The anxiety will not hurt you. Its what you choose to do at that time, either scare yourself more, or think of something more soothing to talk to your self. I have noticed when I choose the latter the anxiety just melts away.( besides the scarey things are not really fact just thoughts.) With more tools you will begin to see what lead you up to building anxiety. It really becomes very empowering!

Good job on using the 6 steps! ;)

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank you that is encouraging. I have found that if I use the postive dialog first then do the breathing excersice it helps. Yesterday I started to get real anxious. I started down the wrong road with negative and scary thoughts, then I said out loud STOP! I started the more comforting dialouge. It really helped. I was able to go from a 6 to a 2.

THH

Post by THH » Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 pm

mramirez10,
Excellent job!!!!
It is very amazing to me that I always thought I was such a positive person, only one thing, I never entered myself and my self talk in the mix! LOL... I did not even recognize how many negative thoughts I was thinking until I got the program and really looked for them. WOW! A real eye opener :shock:
It gets better because in a session soon, will come the what ifs!!!! I was Queen of what if????
You will never be the same after going through this program. The "trick" is to really learn it and have it come second nature when we get uncomfortable. It is work but I am thrilled with my accomplishments. Even a bad day is not the same bad day as a year ago!
I loved how you recognized your bad thinking and stopped your self! Way to go.... ;)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Good Job, on coaching THH! :D MRAmirez 10--Good job on working on the six steps! I raised 5 children, so I know what it is like doing laundry and other chores. I don't do laundry all in one day though, I break it up. ;) But that was a few years ago and I was lucky to have a 5 year gap between my first two and the third. Then the fifth one is 4 years younger than the 4th. But I did run a Daycare at the same time, so I was sort of a stay at home Mom. LOL! I could do laundry and watch kids as well.

Having them spaced out helped because the older children can help with chores. I was planning on a large family, but some came at different time than when I planned. ;)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”