I am only one session 2 and tired of the relaxation cd

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
conqueranxiety88

Re: I am only one session 2 and tired of the relaxation cd

Post by conqueranxiety88 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:51 pm

I agree....I am very in need of relaxation and am working on not being so tense all the time....

natasha01

Post by natasha01 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:49 pm

i just put toons on for my 3 year old and i put on my head phones and sit on the couch with him and he watches tv while i take a few mins. I also go to biofeedback and have been tought that even if you do it for 5 min a few times a day you brain is getting a break so you dont have to do the full 15 min.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm

natasha01 wrote:i just put toons on for my 3 year old and i put on my head phones and sit on the couch with him and he watches tv while i take a few mins. I also go to biofeedback and have been tought that even if you do it for 5 min a few times a day you brain is getting a break so you dont have to do the full 15 min.
What is biofeedback? How do you do it? I can do 5min. a lot easier than 15min.

ariel2477

Post by ariel2477 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 am

yes the 1 cd on relaxation gets old quickly, however i find myself going to sleep even before the end of it.. so i guess even if i do not go through it. my mind does and thats good.

fender

Post by fender » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:58 pm

If the relaxation cd is causing stress I would discontinue playing it. Sounds counter productive if you ask me. The whole idea I think is to help you to achieve a stress-free state of being. If there is something else that helps you do that then maybe you should do what you know works.

Personally, I have a hard time doing the tape three times a day as well because I have to cause a stressful moment to take the time to do it. I do however set it to play when I go to bed and it plays all night long, over and over again. I have always gone to sleep with a backdrop of noise, usually the TV which plays nothing but junk, so I think sleeping with the cd can only be an improovement. Besides, once I am down for the count, the tape really is relaxing.

GeorgiaMtnMutts

Post by GeorgiaMtnMutts » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm just starting day 2 and haven't done all the relaxation CD yet, but I do yoga - simple yoga for relaxation and stretching, not extreme stuff - and it has been a Godsend for me. It helps me relax and breathe and concentrate on me, even if I'm in a bad state. Get a yoga relaxation BEGINNERS DVD, as maybe watching it will be less boring than just listening to the CD. You are just watching someone else relax, or if you end up like me, you close your eyes and don't really watch it anyway, but just having the visual of the beach and ocean, etc. where it took place, helps me.
It's about the breathing -- it really, really makes a difference, and take it from someone who has had big panic attacks.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”