Anxiety all night cant sleep HELP!!!

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
perspectivegirl

Re: Anxiety all night cant sleep HELP!!!

Post by perspectivegirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 am

Like everyone else says, you're not alone! I don't have very much anxiety and sometimes I still can't sleep. When your body starts releasing all that energy that makes anxiety you just have to do something about it! Not like run a marathon, but maybe walk around a little bit- go do dishes or watch tv. Clean your closet, organize your drawers- anything at all that will distract you. One of my favorite and easiest things to do was get a plastic baggy of ice and hold it while watching tv or a movie. How cold it is will distract your mind from the anxiety you're feeling. :)

angelafal

Post by angelafal » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm in the same boat ladies and gents. I recently lost my job and had a miscarriage in December so there has been a lot on my mind I guess :( I literally cannot fall asleep. I get really close, to the point where my body twitches but that wakes me up and I'm wide awake again. I just can't seem to turn my mind off. I was on Clomid this past month which is a fertility drug and that may have changed the chemistry in my brain but not sure. I couldn't take anything for the two weeks while I was having insomnia because there was a chance I was pregnant (which I'm not). The minute I found out I wasn't, I popped an Ambien and slept a good 6 hours. I've been on it for the past 4 nights but I feel like it doesn't work anymore. I'm maybe getting only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Is it all in my mind? I've tried everything. Baths, relaxation CD, sleepytime tea, you name it. Nothing seems to knock me out except the Ambien which doesn't even work all that great in the first place. I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday so maybe he can prescribe me something better than Ambien. I need to get 8 hours of sleep soon!

Bye for now,

Angela

ethan1104

Post by ethan1104 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:54 pm

I have had some form of insomnia for the last 2 years counting has helped me tons try counting from 300 in threes backwards it calms your mind to relax

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 pm

angelafal wrote:I'm in the same boat ladies and gents. I recently lost my job and had a miscarriage in December so there has been a lot on my mind I guess :( I literally cannot fall asleep. I get really close, to the point where my body twitches but that wakes me up and I'm wide awake again. I just can't seem to turn my mind off. I was on Clomid this past month which is a fertility drug and that may have changed the chemistry in my brain but not sure. I couldn't take anything for the two weeks while I was having insomnia because there was a chance I was pregnant (which I'm not). The minute I found out I wasn't, I popped an Ambien and slept a good 6 hours. I've been on it for the past 4 nights but I feel like it doesn't work anymore. I'm maybe getting only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Is it all in my mind? I've tried everything. Baths, relaxation CD, sleepytime tea, you name it. Nothing seems to knock me out except the Ambien which doesn't even work all that great in the first place. I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday so maybe he can prescribe me something better than Ambien. I need to get 8 hours of sleep soon!

Bye for now,

Angela

I have not slept 8 hours in one evening for years! I don't even remember when I last slept well.
What is in our psychological or physical make up that keeps some of us from sleeping well,
or from sleeping at all ?
Scientifically what are our odds of ever getting more than a few broken hours of sleep ?
I take Lunesta, but only 1/2 a dose. I am planning on eliminating it from my meds soon. This
medication is meant to be taken short term and I have been on it for a few years now.
There must be a way to sleep without taking dangerous medications.

Lynda

taco161

Post by taco161 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:17 am

i had this just last night. I was freaking out oh god i can't sleep. i was laying there trying to sleep but couldn't. Eventually i took a dietary supplement pill and i feel asleep after 5-20 minutes but i going to keep using that relaxation cd and the program so hopefully that doesn't happen again. good luck keep up the great work with the program. I hope you are sleeping better

O2bhappyagain

Post by O2bhappyagain » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:52 pm

I've spent hours trying to get to sleep. Just can't "turn off" my brain from worrying about my anxiety and depression. I do the breathing exercises and listen to the relaxation cd. I have a lot of abdominal and chest muscle tightness that just won't let up at the end of the day. I also have mild depression, which also causes the short sleep cycles. Right now I'm trying "I Can Make You Sleep" by Paul McKenna. It comes with a cd that you listen to when you go to bed. The book has a lot of good information on improving your ability to sleep but doesn't specifically addressing anxiety. However, I've gotten 6-7 hours of sleep the last two nights, so I feel it's helping. I still don't feel as rested in the morning as I'd hoped but at least I don't feel as bad as when I only get 2-3 hours after laying there all night. I'd recommend the book. My anxiety has improved so the CD is also helping. However, I would listen to the CD during the day via speakers, not headset, just to get an idea of the format. If I were having a really bad night I might find the CD a little too much to handle. If you decide to try it, I truly hope it helps you as it has me. I'm in week 2 of the Stress program and am very hopeful based on what I've experienced so far. I wish you the greatest success with the program and a happy, healthy life. God Bless

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”