I don't KNOW HOW TO THINK!?

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
KATM02

I don't KNOW HOW TO THINK!?

Post by KATM02 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:38 am

After such a long term of anxiety , i feel like i only know how to think about anxiety or have anxiety, i don't know how to think and it scares me, anyone out there who feels the same or has advice?

Kmann

Re: I don't KNOW HOW TO THINK!?

Post by Kmann » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

i know exactly how you feel. every other thought in my head is anxiety. it is all i know what to think about. the six steps to stop a panic attack scare me as well. accept the feeling... how do you do that? what's really bothering me... that's easy... this feeling of nonstop anxiety from the time i wake up to the time i go to sleep. i just want to wake up one morning without feelings of anxiety. i cry nonstop. i want to run to a safe place and everyone saying we are our own safe place is scary as hell.

Miss Hopeful

Post by Miss Hopeful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:14 pm

I know how you feel. It's been so long that I've only thought about anxiety that I forgot how to think about other things and what those other things would even include. I am always in my head and I want out. It helps to really concentrate and focus on other things around you for example, when I go on walks, I try to really appreciate pretty trees, flowers, or houses. Make it a point to look for details/incidences that you really appreciate for example, that person over there is really attractive/has a nice smile/ cool shirt / was really sweet to his daughter, etc. It definitely takes effort at first but I hope with time, it will completely take over the negative thoughts in my head.

Also, I heard really good reviews on the book "What to say when you talk to yourself" by Shad Helmstetter. I believe it is recommended by the program too. I really what to get it and see how much effect it will have.

Lastly, and I know this sounds cheesy, but before you go to bed or start your day, really take time to list your blessings, your strengths, and all the other great things about you. We all could use some reminders sometimes.

Good luck!

KATM02

Post by KATM02 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:33 am

Kmann, i know what you mean it is hard to think you are your only safe place because when you have anxiety you scare yourself. But for instance i used to be afraid to watch tv because i thought it caused my anxiety but then i realized i'm getting anxiety not only while watching tv but while driving, or doing homework and everything. Then i came to realize that everything isn't causing me anxiety it's my thoughts, which is scary when you have to face that your the one making yourself have anxiety and its scary because i have to realize only i can make my self to stop have anxiety. It's very hard so i try to think yes i have anxiety at the moment but its not because of the tv or this or that, then i think i can change it and i start to think of something positive about myself and tell my self i feel bad but i can still go on, i have to remember it will take time. IT's hard sometimes i just don't know how to think correctly i over annalyze every thing! but slowly things will get better i just want it to be at the snap of the fingers

KATM02

Post by KATM02 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 am

Miss Hopeful,
Thank you for the tips i'm going to surely try them. :) Thanks for making me feel not so crazy sometimes i just get caught up in my thinking and it's nice to know i'm not the only one thinking this way. I admire your hopefulness and thank you :)

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”