Irritability

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
scb77

Irritability

Post by scb77 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello, Don't know if anyone else has the problem of irritablitly. I feel irritable all the time. I am mean to my boyfriend and just feel cranky all the time. I feel like I just want to be alone and not have to deal with anything or anybody. About six months ago I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years for a variety of reasons. During that time my anxiety progressed pretty bad. I am having a difficult time with him back in my life and trying to make decissions. He is wanted to get back together but I am having such a hard time trying to decide if that is what I want. It's like I can't decide if it is my anxiety holding me back or if I am over him. With him back in the picture I have to put myself out there. When he wasn't around I didn't have to push myself to do anything. I could do whatever I wanted. If I didn't want to do anything because I had anxiety I didn't have to. Now I have to push myself just to drive in the car with him. I just feel overwhelmed trying to get a handle on my anxeity and a boyfriend. Anybody have any suggestions?

kin1

Re: Irritability

Post by kin1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 pm

HI I don't have any suggestions, but can understand with the irritability.. i am getting more irritated and angry with things around me, and people. I think this is natural, but hoepfully when we get to the end of week 15 we will really feel much better for good.

Katie0494

Post by Katie0494 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 am

I have also been having a LOT of trouble with irritability, and find myself hurting people who are the closest to me. I try to figure out where the irritability stems from, but end up feeling sooo guilty that I become extremely sensitive and just snap some more. It seems like I almost anticipate anger in certain situations, so it happens no matter what. I HATE hurting the people I love, but do not know how to stop this internal anger/irritation. Then, after I am mean, I feel like I will be "punished" and that something bad will happen to me. Is this familiar>?

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:37 am

Being irritated is a low-level form of frustration! You also have too many "rules" that are being broken, and your expectations of others are not being met, thus causing you to feel this way! We all live by a certain set of "rules" that we have! For example, If it is your rule that people should always cover their mouths while coughing, and they cough without covering their mouth, then they have just violated one of your "rules!" Everyone has a different set of rules, you need to understand this! The more people violate these rules, the more irritated we become! You have to change the set up of your rules, so that if they are violated, you will no longer feel irritated!

pauly j

kty_rs

Post by kty_rs » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:59 am

I to am finding myself more irritable with my daughter. What Pauly says makes alot of sense to me. Thanks:)
I am a little down from my stumbling block today and grateful at the same time to have this program which I know is saving my life.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”