Waiting for something to change

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
marialuv19

Waiting for something to change

Post by marialuv19 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I'm staying on session 2 for another week...I want to make sure it sinks in.
I really love listening to other people's stories on the tapes about their recovery from anxiety and
depression. I feel like I have had generalized anxiety for quite some time now...I also go to therapy and
I take medication as well. I realized for the first time how mad I am...I'm mad that I even have this condition,
that I'm 3o, still live at home with my parents---don't have my own car/ apartment/great job/family...like most of
the people I know my age have.
I feel so behind everyone else....what no one seems to realize is the struggle
I have gone through with my anxiety and headaches-depression too. I'm not lazy or a "bumb" like some people
would assume bc of my situation. Because of that I find it sooo hard to even relax--I feel like I constantly have
to be doing SOMETHING...it's so hard to just sit down and do NOTHING. I used to be very independent and now
it's a different story. I feel completely dependent on my parents..even younger family members sometimes.
I feel like I hate myself even more for not being able to get my stuff together....I feel so lost ----and I think the first
step is to accept the way things are right now..the hardest step. I'm looking forward to this program... :D

tommy_riley

Re: Waiting for something to change

Post by tommy_riley » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi back!

I know how it can feel with the "I feel so behind everyone else" statement. There is alot of things that many of us feel we are behind in, or unable to participate in because of our conditions. All I can say is try and squash this type of thought - you have your own destiny and you have plenty of time to get the things in life you want. Right now just focus on yourself and working through to try and get a hold of the anxiety and any other issues you may be facing. Within a few months or even weeks you will notice some changes for sure!

marialuv19

Re: Waiting for something to change

Post by marialuv19 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Thank you so much. It felt so good to hear those words. :) I am going on to session 3 at the moment and I'm really
excited....I know Im not perfect--but I definitEly deserve to be happy and have peace of mind. God bless you and your
recovery as well.... :D

Maria

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”