Panic Attacks from unknown sources

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
FMB100

Panic Attacks from unknown sources

Post by FMB100 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:29 pm

I am about midway through the program and was doing well. For some reason this week, I am getting panic attacks again. The 6 steps are helping to some extent but not completely since I still have the body symptoms of panic attacks. What is frustrating is I do not know which thought or event may have triggered it and that is causing anxiety.

Can someone please offer suggestions here. Thanks.

melissa225

Re: Panic Attacks from unknown sources

Post by melissa225 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:22 am

I don't know how much help I can be but I was going to ask what were you doing when these panic attacks happened? Maybe if you write down what your doing when these attacks happen.....we can figure out where to start figuring out what is triggering your attacks. Hope this helps and if you ever need to talk let me know....I'm a great listener :D

Hope this helps and you get better!

DJ2661

Post by DJ2661 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:58 pm

I also seem to have anxiety attacks that i cant figure out where they are coming from. But I have learned one thing, If I am eating high sugar, drinking caffine and not exercising that it is much worse. Dont know if that will help you but try to think about what you have been eating and drinking to see if that is having an effect on you. . I couldnt beleive what a difference it made. good luck I hope you feel better soon.

Ldybeth

Post by Ldybeth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh, I agree with DJ,

I keep telling myself that a couple of cans of diet cola here and skipping a day of exercise there, can't possibly make that big of a difference but boy, some external stressor comes about and I find that I run for the chocolate or the cola or comfort food and decide to "treat" myself (which is so utterly backwards, really) and what the heck- skip my exercise for the day...and before I know it, I've skipped two days! I still underestimate the power of exercise before I do it... I always feel better after a good workout- always. And, I am supposed to be the most intelligent species??? :roll:

I think I put off starting this program originally first because #1. I was afraid that it might not work and then what?!! & #2. I would have to cut out caffeine and sugar!! Well, thank goodness there's nothing about nicotine... :?: ;) <sheepish grin> at least not yet where I am, week 2??? Naw, I know that'll have to go too...

I wish you the best of luck- Thank God for this forum! I know that I am in good company and you hang in there too! :)
One day at a time is the key for me!

sfrench80

Post by sfrench80 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 pm

I am in a similar boat. I have cut out sugar and exercise regularly and still am having attacks daily. The program I have noticed is helping but it is a slow frustrating road it seems. Just missing one day of my routine seems to really throw me for a loop. I mostly have anxiety in the morning and throughout the afternoon but the relaxation tapes are slowly helping me to let go of some of this anxiety. This is my first post/blog and i'm anxious just being on here, I hope this program will work for me b/c i'm really to take back my life and free myself from this anxiety roller coaster i'm on right now. Just sticking to the program and hearing all the success really is a motivating factor that this can be successful if you just try.
I have been journaling my thoughts and anxiety to pin point what I'm feeling and it is an eye opening experience to read what I feel, maybe this will help you in your journey as well.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”