feeling successful from week 2

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
mandabear

feeling successful from week 2

Post by mandabear » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

I just want to share that this 2nd week has already helped me to go and do things I had been avoiding. (Going into a store, out to eat, church). I still get anxious before I do it. I feel sweaty, spacey and dizzy, but once I do it it is not as bad as I thought and afterward I feel better because I am proud that I did something that had been so scary. I am just so thankful for this program. It has already helped more than 3 months of counseling and psychiatrist apts. I hope this can help someone feel hopeful because I am excited to see more progress.
Amanda

ssdurell

Re: feeling successful from week 2

Post by ssdurell » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 am

Amanda, I wanted to thank you for posting your experiences after the 2nd week of the program. I too have gained much from the first 2 sessions and relaxation CD. I've suffered from a generalized anxiety and panic disorder for many years. I have been under the care of psyciatrists and several hospitalizations for deppression. This does feel like a good step toward healing and would like to share as well. Thanks again for your inspirational words.
Steven

hopeandfaith2011

Post by hopeandfaith2011 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:09 am

I am also on week 2, and have noticed a huge difference in my attitude and feeling less anxious. I think the most important thing I've learned so far is that I am in control. This journey has been pretty amazing so far....I know I have a long way to go, but I am doing the work and feel hopeful for the first time in many years.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm glad to read these postings from everyone. I'm happy for everyone's success they are having and want to add that I keep working on overcoming my anxiety as I go about my business. One was a long road trip out of state to visit my sister who feels she will be evicted from her trailer. My anxieties of traveling w/DH, stay in a strange hotel, visiting my sister and finding out her true situation turned out to be a good trip or experiment in testing what I have learned from Lucinda's CDs and book and website.

All worked out well, considering my sister still has her problems, but they were too overwhelming for us to fix it all and we weren't going to give her $ just our physical and emotional help. Unfortunately, she needs a lot of help that involves some intensive CBT and one on one time with a professional. But she first has to realize that she needs the help. She sees a therapist, but really needs to see the therapist weekly if not more. I had to stop taking her phone calls due to her neediness and manipulations as I can't control the decisions she makes for herself, but I can control how I react to them and also not throw money at her problems.

I hope you all continue in your great progress to health. Paislee

finishline

Post by finishline » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 am

I am glad to hear you are feeling better already!!! I have found that the breathing exercises have helped me profoundly so far. It's also comforting to know that I am not alone with this infliction... Nor are you... Keep up the good work!!!

HopefulDreams

Post by HopefulDreams » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 am

I don't want to be the bad person on this forum, but I have been feeling worse since session 2. I was doing great .. maybe a little shaky at first but this past week (week 2) was like torture! I was thinking of the past WAY TO MUCH... not focused on the present and totally angry at family and my husband for NO REASON>>> they have been my support system through everything.. especially my husband... who is growing a little tired of the nagging and repetative conversation I do about the past.. and my decisions... I get angry at my family because I live on the secong floor of their 2 family home when I want to be out... but at teh same time I'm terrified to move because of the economy (with my husbands job and my health issues)... its scary.. so I've been feeling worse.. any advice from those have felt better after week 2?

Geraldk

Post by Geraldk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I have been in week 2 for 4 days and I can say that compared to week 1, I am feeling a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong, I am still not where I need to be by no means. I can say by using the coping mechanisms that I learned from week 2, I have been able to do more things with my family. You truly have to live for today and not the past. I am very optimistic about this program and how it will give me back my life.

clw14k@gmail.com

Post by clw14k@gmail.com » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Hello all!!! I am in mid of session 2 and I am feeling really good about this program... I have been avoiding alot since my last panic attack. Almost 2 years ago, I live in fear of it happening again, so I avoid situations that make me nervous!! I tried driving on the highway to work for 2 days and I did it!!! I was feeling the stomach but I tried the breathing and it did help !!! So happy to know we aren't alone!!! Any ideas on how to distract yourself while driving?! Big prob for me!!

Nectarios

Post by Nectarios » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm

dont get discouraged!! You should definitely be proud of what you did, you have great courage! Dont forget what you did, you told yourself that you did a great job and that you were proud of yourself and that you like yourself. This is what has been lifting me up. I often forget to feed myself this language though, and I fall back into negativity. Right now I feel like im flying and it is because I keep feeding myself self-esteem! I hunt down the negative thoughts and I find a way to get to the light. Thank God!

clw14k@gmail.com

Post by clw14k@gmail.com » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Did anyone have there coaching session yet? I had mine today and it went very well, I am a little frustrated that in order to continue the coaching it is $1000.! I really want to do it but financals say otherwise.. I feel like maybe I won't be as successful without the coaching? Any thoughts on this anyone?

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”