calling off work

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
edvic

Post by edvic » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 am

Hi, has anyone ever called off work because they had the "what if' thoughts as well as the anticipatory thoughts as well. I have a good job but because of my fear I have been calling off too much this month. Can someone relate to my situation and help me out on how to conquer the fear.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Try to focus on what is making you stop from going to work. What is that fear? Is it a person, is it the work? Is it something IN the environment that makes you feel this way? Isolate that first. Think to yourself....What specifically is keeping me from going to work?

werin585

Re: calling off work

Post by werin585 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi there, Yes I can totally relate. I actually lost my position due to the anxiety in February. It became too hard to go in and deal with this while trying to take on work responsibilities at the same time. I wish I would have known about all the help that was available then so I could work through it. For me, It came to a point where I had to realize that for once my health and happiness had to take first place. I don't know how severe your anxiety is and I don't know what kind of work you do.
But, my employer had a temporary leave I could take and I was then able to collect disability to give myself some time to get things back together. For me personally, the level of my panic attacks were so extreme that I wasn't able to go back even after the leave. But lucky for you, You're doing this program and I'm sure things are going to start looking up for you.
Don't know if that helps at all. But I can relate. Anxiety is real, and it takes a lot of time and effort to get through, but you will prevail!

deckcrafter

Post by deckcrafter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi edvic..yes, I can totally relate too. I woke up mornings dreading the thought of going off to work. What if I have a episode at work? What if I have an episode commuting to work? Once I'm there, its on and I have nowhere to run too. I'm new to this program and just want to reassure you that I have the same feelings as you expressed. I was off on disability for 3 months with this condition and recently was laid off from my job. I'm diving into this program 100%. I know that I am way more capable than my mind is trying to tell me I am and so are you.

Ldybeth

Post by Ldybeth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi Edvic, I also lost my job this past December as someone posted above, and it was due to excessive absences due to illness. I was able to collect unemployment as I followed all the right policies as to who and when to contact when calling in ill but I realize that I should've asked for FMLA or Family Medical Leave from my employer months before losing my position. If you are fulltime employee and have worked for this employer for at least one year AND you under the care of a doctor for your anxiety, you should be eligible for this job protection. It basically allows you to take time off from work for an extended amount of time or for periodic dates here and there due to your anxiety. Your employer should have an insurance company that provided STD or short-term disability coverage to it's employees, which basically means that you will get paid @ 60% of your income when you call in ill for your anxiety and it protects your job so that any absences due to this will not be counted against you.

I would encourage you to look into it and to establish yourself with a doctor if you haven't already. I'll keep you in my prayers and I wish you all the best. God bless!
One day at a time is the key for me!

praying4sun

Post by praying4sun » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:18 pm

i called off work today to avoid a panick attack, because i know my boss would have given me one, since he does everytime we work on this type of project. last time we did this project, i worked through it and finished it so freaking anxious... i never want to experiance that again.

Why Me

Post by Why Me » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

I've quite so many jobs because of Anxiety and panic attacks. The last job i had a panic attack in the parking lot. i didnt tell anyone went in to work anyways. One hour in, ask to go home. I told my boss it was something i ate. Lucky for me they didn't really need me. I know Sad! Hang in there everyone, help is but a cd away. Thanks to everyone! :oops:

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”