My last panic attack

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Vluppi123

My last panic attack

Post by Vluppi123 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:27 pm

Hello! My last panic attack was two months ago at my primary doctor's office. A week prior I had went to the ER for stomach issues which I found out was stress related. I was then referred to my primary where i panicked when getting my hospital test results back. They had noticed there was something abnormal with my liver. Kindof funny now, but when i was there my heart rate was through the roof that the nurses were like "you need an EKG just to make sure your heart is okay". That gave me more anxiety. I was scared..... By the time I left the office I wanted to run. What i did after was even worse i think. In there parking lot that was near by I must of paced back and forth for alittle more than an hour. I was having symptoms of sweaty palms, chest pains, racing thoughts thinking that I was going cwazy. That I was going to die.... As I tried to talk my self out of it, I realized i am not going to die from any of this. After worrying less about the symptoms, i started to simmer down. The skills though from this chapter seems rational. And wish i knew them sooner... We do create our own outrageous fears. All of this could of went a whole other way. Next time i have a stressful situation like this, I'm definitely going to use the six steps mentioned. So, just about done with this chapter, cant wait to see what in store next! Self esteem is major issue for me so im "dying" to know whats next ....kidding, Ttygs!

coachchris

Re: My last panic attack

Post by coachchris » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:16 am

Hello Vluppi123,

Thank you for sharing your story with us! I know many of us can relate to what you are saying. I love the six steps from lesson two It sounds like your inner dialogue is changing a lot. You mention that what the program teaches seems 'rational'. I agree! I like the truth, facts, science. It gives us back our 'control'. Our we gain control we never knew we could have. AMAZING! Thanks again for sharing. I really hope we can share ALL that we are learning so we can help others.

Blessings!
Coach Chris

Vluppi123

Post by Vluppi123 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:58 am

Thanks again, Yes the "inner dialogue" ,thats what im learning now.(session 3) That is to be a more compassionate "friend" to myself, for me, i think I have never actually done that for myself. I think i have been just always overally critical amd very hard on me...so overall new to concept of positive inner dialogue.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:10 pm

What great news on learning how to talk to yourself like you would a good friend! Lesson 3 opens up the door to so much healing and freedom. Trust the process of the program and how it is laid out. Developing this whole new language will take time and that's ok. We can't rush our inner healing. We really have to fee to heal. You got this!

Dawn23

Post by Dawn23 » Tue May 09, 2023 8:47 am

I went through this program 25 yrs ago and done great on it. But since then, I have went backwards. My panic attacks show up out of nowhere which then causes me to be afraid to be alone. I constantly feel the need to have someone with me at all times. And it’s really affecting my everyday life. I used to be a very independent person and now I just feel so lost. I hate having to depend on others. Any suggestions would be appreciated on how to overcome this fear phobia of being alone.

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”