BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Session 2

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
Karen L

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Session 2

Post by Karen L » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Happy Birthday Hope!!!!
enjoy and have a great day :D

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 am

Happy Birthday mcshope!

Mike

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Happy Easter everyone!!!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Another week has passed. I hope everybody is doing good.
This has been a funny week for me, I did great Monday and Tuesday, but after that I started feeling a little depressed. :cry: Maybe because of my birthday or simply because I have not found a job. I am not sure.
I have a huge list of things to do, all in my mind. We are planning on selling our house, and there is so much that needs to get done before we can put the house on the market, that I am feeling overwhelmed.

Today I am planning on working outside. It is nice and sunny and it seems that it is going to be raining the rest of the week.

Anxiety is better... that is great.

Ok, have to go... talk to you later.

Happy Easter!

Hope

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Sounds like a really challenging week for you mcshope. I bet having your birthday is just reminding you of the things that are lacking in your life right now like with the job area thats very understandable that you feel the way you do. I get that way sometimes as well. I would definately suggest posting this kinda stuff on the "Your Not Alone" Thread and go into detail there and talk about all the stuff thats bothering you so you can get back to enjoying the stuff in this thread. I'll read what you have to write and I'm strong enough to check it out and you deserve to have someone listen and understand you. This could even be a great opportunity to feel that sense of belonging and connection with others because everybody relates to pain and suffering. Its one of the things that we all have in common. Your feelings are valid and deserve to be heard.

Also not to be a jerk or come across that you are not welcome or that nobody wants to hear your negative stuff (because you are very welcome and cared about by us and you do deserve to be listened to, heard out and acknowledged) but I'd like to keep this part of the project more of a focusing on the positive stuff and going to the Your Not Alone Thread to focus on more of the negative stuff. And I really hope I am not alienating you and if it is coming across that way then I am sorry.

http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25139 You Are Not Alone Thread

Mike

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Today was a good day. We worked outside, and we got something accomplished. I am happy about that. Well, another week, another session. Day by day we are working together to build a better life.

Today I also started to watch a DVD of Eckhart Tolle. That guy is deep, sometimes not easy to follow, however he talks about being in the NOW... to focus your attention on what you are doing at this very moment.... I realized that there are many times when I am doing something but my mind is somewhere else. So I will start paying more attention to the NOW.

This session is not an easy one, it makes us face things that we have been avoiding. Of course we don't want more panic attacks or anxiety or depression. I know I would love for those feelings to just disappear. However it is a process, it take time and practice, practice, practice. Is not avoiding, but recognizing and facing those feelings, the way to get to a better place.

Are we ready for session 3?????........ Tomorrow is the day.... Lets keep working on this. :D

Mike,
I understand your desire to keep this thread positive, however it is also important for everybody to know that it is ok to recognize our feelings, the good ones and the bad ones. Sometimes the simple action of writing about something, helps us to see things from a different perspective. ;)

Hope

Positives and negatives are part of life... the important thing is what you do about them.

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:50 am

Good morning everybody, here is the link to Session 3.

http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 82&t=25159

Talk to you soon

Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:43 am

hi everyone....doing ok here, just wish this rain would stop, probably has rained at least 10 of the last 14 days.....
didnt make it to my mom's for Easter, partly because I really want to confront my sister......but I want to be more assertive, not aggressive before I do.......I know that this is mostly an excuse for not attending but I recognize this and am ok with the situation...will work on it and move forward :)

Hope.....are you still doing the tutoring?? Im glad to see you are recognizing your down and anxious moments and not letting them control the rest of your day!! that is what this program is about, recognizing our old bad habits, acknowledging them, then learning to deal with them and move on.......it is a process and doesnt happen overnight.....in my opinion, you seem to be in a much healthier place now then back when I met you :D you did great and are doing just what the program is teaching us!!! I also am starting to recognize when my thoughts are not in the present moment....this is a big step!! when I realize this I look around....what to I see? hear? smell? seems to help bring me back to the moment :D

see everyone in the next lesson :)

THH

Post by THH » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:47 pm

mchope! (((((HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!)))) Sorry I'm late, I hope your day was really special.

I made it though a home repair, and having Easter dinner for all my family, inlaws & outlaws! LOL...
For me what really helped was getting my perspective right. That was my biggest challenge. At the start I felt excited to start my project with the ceiling. As I tired from all the work,the project became dreaded. Then with the "change" of plans with having Easter dinner I felt like I was being dumped on. ( I point out the word change, as even a small change such as this, I could create a huge mountain from it.) Then I grabbed a hold of my thoughts and said I am being selfish. In life I have to be a giver and this small part is something I can do for my family. I can create a lovely memory for them all by them having a nice place to come to and visit and eat. A nice day even with all the rain and poor weather we have been having, just a break from everyone's crazy lives, forget all of it and take a time out. For fun!
When I actually got this concept it was very easy for me to put a plan in action.
It was a lovely party, the food was great, and all these "older people than me" had such a good time, they stayed till 8:00PM!
I was not in charge, many times I felt like I was going to dose off! LOL... But they all sat and talked, shared story's that nobody from their age group would care to hear, they had such a wonderful time and called me Monday to thank me for having them come! What can I say to that??????
So I did it. I'm glad that I had a change of heart so I could make every ones day a little bit brighter and in a very easy way on my part.

Karen, Thanks for the information on the filters.
Oh and I know how you feel about dealing with another family member. For me a day finally came when I knew how to handle this. It will for you as well. Good for you recognizing it needs more time. :D

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Yes its important to get that stuff down which is why I created the other thread but its up to you. I am leaving this positive section up to you then and I will be posting more in the negative portion or the "Your Not Alone Thread". Due to just where I am at in my life right now alot of my sexual abuse stuff is coming up and I am in more of a negative state so I won't be responding in here or posting in here the way I did with the challenge. I'll leave it up to you guys. I still have the youtube account "BrighterFutureForAll" where i will still collect videos and such for the playlists and will post some every once in awhile in this thread but will be posting some more of the Your Not Alone type videos in the other thread.

Mike

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”