mind racing

These 6 simple steps are designed to dramatically change the life of anyone who suffers from the debilitating effects of anxiety and panic attacks.
D.A.

Post by D.A. » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:22 am

my mind is continuously racing and isn't calm. i think is spurts. sometimes i can't even read a book without reading aloud

why?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:23 am

Its okay to read a book out loud. Sometimes, that is what you have to do to concentrate, to stay focused. What is your mind racing about? Have you recorded your thoughts? Are they negative or what? Paislee

D.A.

Post by D.A. » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:33 pm

I don't know if my mind is racing or if I'm not taking things in slowly and calmly. Today I was watching a program about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and am wondering if this may be my problem.

I'll start recording my thoughts, thanks! I've noticed today that they are negative. What should I do with these thoughts?

Nugget28

Post by Nugget28 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:49 am

In the beginning of my anxiety I also had a lot of racing thoughts. It sometimes felt as my head was spinning.
You should replace your negative thoughts with comforting soothing thoughts. In session 3 Lucinda explanes exactly what you should do.

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Today I am finding that I may be having racing thoughts too. I am not really aware that they are "racing" but I think they are. I have been starting to feel discouraged but I now know step 3 will help me with the comfort thought and positive thoughts...can't wait to learn more about this!!

Return to “Session 2 - Six Steps Designed to Put an End to Panic Attacks”