do you think this site would be helpful?

This forum is not "parents only", but it does focus on issues about parenting and children.
indysgirl

Post by indysgirl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:55 pm

im 22 years old and have suffered with panic and agoraphobia for 8 years. my mom is my safety person and i have seperation anxiety being away from her. i know she needs an outlet to talk about what she goes through too. do you think this parent to parent would help? it seems like everyone on here is either a parent with anxiety or a soon to be parent with anxiety.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 pm

indysgirl,

hi my name is april and I am 33yrs old. I too suffer from anxiety, it has been 12yrs. My safety person is my grandma. I have no children. I am married too but my husband doesnt really understand what I feel or go through. I think that maybe your mom doing the parent to parent forum would be good.. I tried to get my husband to join so he could have an better understanding but he doesnt want to. If she is willing then go for it.. Thanks for listening.. Good luck.

Nells

Post by Nells » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi,
I use my mother in-law all the time! Whoever makes you feel your making sense, makes you feel unjudged, comfortable, normal and loved....use them! Unless, of course your married and it is someone of the opposite sex--that could cause issues in the marriage. But I see nothing wrong with your mom being your safety person. I would use my mom, I'm 32, married and with a child, but I am not as close with her about this. One is eaiser to talk to then the other...that's all.

Return to “Parent to Parent”